Granite Quality of Granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gripenfighter

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I am in a position to buy a granite. Are you as a owner of a granite, are you satisfied with the truck and the quality? Is there a lot of trouble with the car because its a new model?

Best
Christian

I feel it's a good truck as long as you keep it brushed. If you want something brushless, then I wouldn't get it. If ARRMA brings out some upgraded drive train parts, then it may be brushless capable but as is, you will most likely be doing mods and still break parts. If you are looking for brushless at about the same price, then I would go with the Redcat Blackout XTE PRO which is a fun, fast 4wd RC 1/10 truck that holds up really well.

Best regards,
Brian

To the OP - You say "New model" - there are actually three chassis that Arrma calls the Granite, and 2 are new. This forum is for the old 2wd, rear motor granite. There is the new model, 2wd mid motor Granite (Voltage), and the new 4wd Granite Mega 4x4. Which are you asking about?

Personally I have the Mega 4x4. Stock, it comes with a big burshed motor, but it still is kind of slow. With that stock motor, I don't think you could break the truck - it is stout. However, with a big capacity Lipo battery, the motor / ESC will overheat before you run out of battery.

I swapped to a big Brushlless motor, and have had to modify some stuff to be able to put the power down. The slipper and diff input shaft are not up to big brushless motors on 4s/6s. With a moderate SCT-size brushless motor, I think you would still need to mod the diff input, but other than that, the truck should be solid.

I am in a position to buy a granite. Are you as a owner of a granite, are you satisfied with the truck and the quality? Is there a lot of trouble with the car because its a new model?

Best
Christian
I own the Granite Mega 4x4 with a 3300KV brushless motor in it and a 60A ESC capable of 2S or 3S. With the 17 tooth pinion, this setup runs great and the truck handles extremely well, on either 2S or 3S. However, on 3S, I did break the rear input gear (this is common when running brushless) and I repaired the truck using the modification listed in the Mega 4x4 forum (https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mega-4x4-diff-input-gear-mod.5548/). I haven't broken the repaired input gear yet, and have had many 3S bash sessions with the truck. For the price, this truck is an excellent buy, durable, fun, easy to work on, and easy to drive.

Best
Christian
Bought a new granite for my wife, out of box, ran several times in house,,ran fast. Batt chg took 1 hour. Quality may not be like a Traxxas but Gets the job done.

Hi Christian,

The Voltage series is a good one, not perfect, but very close for a medium intensity basher. I like mine a bunch and am modding it for longevity and a little bit more performance - it's a keeper, for sure.

What's cool about it for me is the LIon batteries can be charged the night before w/o concern for cell failure and a couple brands of this size battery are economical. Also, this chassis is light and good for running in medium grass and my play areas are always a mix of pavement, chat & grass. So, it really is a grab 'n' go truck for my lifestyle and the truck body is realistic.

After I get my postImage account in order, I'll be putting up articles on the Granite & Fazon on RCTech and here, if it's easy.

If you want to high jump or rooster some mud with other heavy duty 4WD's, proly pass on it. For some mild jumping and noodling around in various terrains, get one ASAP! Or, maybe a few of them :)

Gene

Hi Christian,

The Voltage series is a good one, not perfect, but very close for a medium intensity basher. I like mine a bunch and am modding it for longevity and a little bit more performance - it's a keeper, for sure.

What's cool about it for me is the LIon batteries can be charged the night before w/o concern for cell failure and a couple brands of this size battery are economical. Also, this chassis is light and good for running in medium grass and my play areas are always a mix of pavement, chat & grass. So, it really is a grab 'n' go truck for my lifestyle and the truck body is realistic.

After I get my postImage account in order, I'll be putting up articles on the Granite & Fazon on RCTech and here, if it's easy.

If you want to high jump or rooster some mud with other heavy duty 4WD's, proly pass on it. For some mild jumping and noodling around in various terrains, get one ASAP! Or, maybe a few of them :)

Gene
Bought a Granite about a month ago and ran several times. Batteries charge in about 40 minutes.
Jumped it a few times and held up good. I have a Traxxas stampede and runs about as fast.
For the money don't thank you can beat it.

Best
Christian
The blx 4x4 version is a little tank! Super tough drivetrain too. The only weak point most guys have is the steering blocks. Upgrade to aluminum and your good! I have a 4s system in mine and it delivers!??

The blx 4x4 version is a little tank! Super tough drivetrain too. The only weak point most guys have is the steering blocks. Upgrade to aluminum and your good! I have a 4s system in mine and it delivers!??
Is this the orange bodied truck? Is this a 3s Monster Truck and if so how good is the stock system. Not looking to spend $500 on the Outcast and wondering if this would be a reliable truck to bash.

Is this the orange bodied truck? Is this a 3s Monster Truck and if so how good is the stock system. Not looking to spend $500 on the Outcast and wondering if this would be a reliable truck to bash.
Yes, it's the orange truck. It does run up to 3s stock and is super quick! Always room to upsize pinion for even more speed and power. The truck is super durable for having a lot of plastic. The steering knuckles are the only real upgrade needed in my book. For $299 you cant beat it!

Yes, it's the orange truck. It does run up to 3s stock and is super quick! Always room to upsize pinion for even more speed and power. The truck is super durable for having a lot of plastic. The steering knuckles are the only real upgrade needed in my book. For $299 you cant beat it!
Ok thamks, Getting the Kraton soon and don't really want to spend another $500 on the Outcast. This looks like the ticket for a 10 scale MT and $300 I can live with.

Was mainly concerned about durability, power system and driveline. I just went on YouTube and seen it bashed.

Pretty impressive for a plastic chassis. Looks to be my 2nd Arrma!
Thank again for your reply!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back