Quarantine battery tray fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtkBrew

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I noticed on my last outing that my battery tray was holding on by a thread. Only the screw under the receiver box was holding the whole thing down. I've read the post of the fix with the T-nuts holding it down. Unfortunately I didn't have any on hand. So I did the best with what I hand on hand.

20200327_200738.jpg

I have used these conduit holders in a past job and had a few. I cut the threaded portion off and used that as a nut. Once i put the screw in, i cut it off as flush as I could and put some thread lock on it. I'll steal a little padding from my toolbox or use some thin plywood I have on hand to make a base and protect my battery. It's holding really well so far without a test run yet.

20200327_200751.jpg

There is a thread on here someplace with a link to some 3mm t nuts that work really well.

There is a thread on here someplace with a link to some 3mm t nuts that work really well.

Yeah, I read that whole thread. But I had these on hand and it worked for now. Once things normalize I'll probably pick up a new battery tray and do that hack, as mine is pretty beat up with a hodge podge of velcro.

Yeah, I read that whole thread. But I had these on hand and it worked for now. Once things normalize I'll probably pick up a new battery tray and do that hack, as mine is pretty beat up with a hodge podge of velcro.

Nice idea! Hope it holds up. Can you link that thread by any chance?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back