Question 17MM adapter on 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, no need to waste the time... I already hit the bricks on the side of my driveway... I'll have them natural color after a few battery packs!
‘Brushed’ aluminum looks very nice.

I'm headed more toward the scraped and scarred finish.
I’ve been working on that look for quite awhile…on myself I mean. Never a dull moment 🤕

I put the Typhon 17mm hub on my Vendetta. I only had to gring the backside on the hub flat. After that. Goes on easy. Put GRP'S on it.

I put the Typhon 17mm hub on my Vendetta. I only had to gring the backside on the hub flat. After that. Goes on easy. Put GRP'S on it.
Without having to use the typhon specific axles or did you switch those also?
How much did you have to trim off the shell to fit the larger tires? Thanks man!

Without having to use the typhon specific axles or did you switch those also?
How much did you have to trim off the shell to fit the larger tires? Thanks man!
I used the Vendetta axles. I didnt trim the body either. I thing I went up 1 body post hole in the front and 2 in the back. Or maybe the other way around. I also have a carbon fiber splitter on it. Turn the wheel left and right no rubbing. I saw a guy on youtube do it.

Screenshot_20221007-182706_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
I used the Vendetta axles. I didnt trim the body either. I thing I went up 1 body post hole in the front and 2 in the back. Or maybe the other way around. I also have a carbon fiber splitter on it. Turn the wheel left and right no rubbing. I saw a guy on youtube do it.

View attachment 248570
Nice! I remember seeing your post, at least the picture. I have the infraction and I think I will try your raising the body post idea to put larger tires on it. Interesting about the typhon hex also. For some reason I only thought they only worked with the typhon and axles…thanks bud.

I may need to change to a different option as the Summit adapters rub against the tie rod when making turns.

Yes those are the ones. To make them fit you have to trim/grind down the little lip so the pin can go through the hub and axle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back