Kraton Question about batteries and tray size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Mojave EXB
So until a couple months ago I had been out of the hobby for several years. Last time I was in the Hobby a lot of the 5000ish mAh lipos were roughly the same size at least in length and width +/- a few mm. Height seemed to be the main thing that fluctuated back then. So I bought myself a Kraton 4S and was running it with old LiPos Ive had in storage for years. They fit nicely into the battery trays. Then I decided that wasnt enough so I bought a K8. After buying the K8 I decided I needed to order several 4S lipos for the 2 kits. Not expecting things to have changed much with Lipos I just went online and bought 3 pairs of 4S lipos and 2 other 4S Lipos for the 4S kit. I bought each and ever pair from a different manufacturer cuz I wanted to see what budget brands were good. Wouldnt you know it but every single 4S lipo I ordered is too long for the battery trays in the Kratons.

So my question is has anyone else ran in to this problem and come up for a solution besides buying all new batteries that actually fit??

So until a couple months ago I had been out of the hobby for several years. Last time I was in the Hobby a lot of the 5000ish mAh lipos were roughly the same size at least in length and width +/- a few mm. Height seemed to be the main thing that fluctuated back then. So I bought myself a Kraton 4S and was running it with old LiPos Ive had in storage for years. They fit nicely into the battery trays. Then I decided that wasnt enough so I bought a K8. After buying the K8 I decided I needed to order several 4S lipos for the 2 kits. Not expecting things to have changed much with Lipos I just went online and bought 3 pairs of 4S lipos and 2 other 4S Lipos for the 4S kit. I bought each and ever pair from a different manufacturer cuz I wanted to see what budget brands were good. Wouldnt you know it but every single 4S lipo I ordered is too long for the battery trays in the Kratons.

So my question is has anyone else ran in to this problem and come up for a solution besides buying all new batteries that actually fit??
K8s battery trays are adjustable

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back