Question about batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Yes, just make sure you adjust your flux capacitor settings.

Is that the same spot where I add the blinker fluid?

Notorious J RC told me to ask here
☝️This nice young man had asked me on Facebook and I told him it was. I also told him it's a good idea to check here on the Forum as one source for info doesn't always mean it's correct. Thanks for helping him to verify his findings even though a couple of you had some fun with it.

Notorious J RC told me to ask here
Assuming you have these 2 already you may have noticed despite the smaller number the 8ga wire is bigger.
Always fine to go bigger with conductivity parts. (at least most of the time.... there are some extremes that would make that answer no)

In general 8ga wire is good and 10ga wire is reserved for uses cases of 400a short bursts or less.

Assuming you have these 2 already you may have noticed despite the smaller number the 8ga wire is bigger.
Always fine to go bigger with conductivity parts. (at least most of the time.... there are some extremes that would make that answer no)

In general 8ga wire is good and 10ga wire is reserved for uses cases of 400a short bursts or less.
He accidentally ordered a lipo with 8 guage wire and wasn't sure that connecting it to his 10ga esc was safe. I believe his plan is to change his connectors to QS8 now that he knows its safe.

He accidentally ordered a lipo with 8 guage wire and wasn't sure that connecting it to his 10ga esc was safe. I believe his plan is to change his connectors to QS8 now that he knows its safe.

I am a big believer in QS8s. Very good quality connectors and I have tried many of the options out there....

I am a big believer in QS8s. Very good quality connectors and I have tried many of the options out there....
I made the too quick judgement to go with XT150 when I switched all mine over from XT90 and stock Spektrum. Not unhappy with the choice, but QS8's would be a big improvement. They're just really expensive, even if buying direct from China.

Principally speaking, I wouldn't be worried about wire gauge unless running very high powered applications (such as speed running). In my experience for most bashing applications, the limiting factors are going to be the quality of your solder joints, the components (ESC, battery, motor), and their cooling ability.

I've had reputable lipo brands stand by their choice to use 12 awg wire instead of 10 awg in their highest rated lipos. So 🤷‍♂️
For bashing, 10 gauge should be sufficient for nearly every case. Anything bigger is icing on the cake.

I'd always prefer the larger wire size (smallest gauge) but yes, feel free to mix.
The will all hat up, but obviously the bigger, the better and less heat.

In all our applications, we are going above and beyond the rated amps for these wires, but 'rating' is for continuous use while we live in the 5-10min world at max loads.

Shouldn't be an issue. The batteries can only give as much current as requested. In this case the ESC has 10ga wires, which are spec'd by the manufacturer for the predicted current draw.

It's like having a giant fuel hose to the fuel pump with a smaller hose. Even if there is more fuel available, the fuel pump will take what it needs.

Now if it's reversed it "might" be an issue but I even doubt that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back