Talion Question about dogbone / wheel movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I've had my Talion for around week and there's a bit of wheel wobble. When looking at that I noticed a couple of things that weer different between the front and raer of the car.

At the front I'm able to push/pull each front wheel side to side and see the dogbone and input shaft cup move laterally along with the wheel by 1 - 2mm where it 'slots' into the wheel hub. Each front left/right dogbone/shaftcup/wheel moves laterally.
I've removed (the hex nut was tight) and reattached the tires which hasn't made any difference.

At the rear both dogbones have about 5mm lateral movement within the input shaft cup. They're not close to falling out, but I didn't expect as much movement as it's not present at the front.

Is this normal or have I managed to break something?

This is my first proper RC car (I had no idea what these parts wer called until I checked a labelled exploded diagram) so I'm starting off with very little knowledge other than what I've picked up fropm google, youtube and forums.

For the front, check the caps on the pillow balls, but don’t over tighten or you will bind up the steering. I am not sure about the rear. I have movement there on my Typhon. I’m sure I do on my Kraton as well. Maybe someone else can speak to that.

I'll concentrate on the front for now, I can see wheel wobble there when the car is moving slowly.The pillowballs seem to be OK with no unwanted movement.
The movement looks like it's only coming from the wheel hex and dogbone.With the wheel off the wheel hex can move away from the bearings/steering block by a mm or so. The nut inside the wheel hex is tight.

Edit: I've given the pillow balls a slight tighten, steering still seems to move OK but will get out later or tomorrow and give it a run to see.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I've had my Talion for around week and there's a bit of wheel wobble. When looking at that I noticed a couple of things that weer different between the front and raer of the car.

At the front I'm able to push/pull each front wheel side to side and see the dogbone and input shaft cup move laterally along with the wheel by 1 - 2mm where it 'slots' into the wheel hub. Each front left/right dogbone/shaftcup/wheel moves laterally.
I've removed (the hex nut was tight) and reattached the tires which hasn't made any difference.

At the rear both dogbones have about 5mm lateral movement within the input shaft cup. They're not close to falling out, but I didn't expect as much movement as it's not present at the front.

Is this normal or have I managed to break something?

This is my first proper RC car (I had no idea what these parts wer called until I checked a labelled exploded diagram) so I'm starting off with very little knowledge other than what I've picked up fropm google, youtube and forums.

What you see is normal. The outer joint in the front hub is a CV style joint, it has a pivot and a pin that connect it to the hub. The rear is not a CV so the dog bone just rides in a slot the same as all the inners do.

Good thread.. was thinking the same thing on my v3 .. I noticed it a couple days ago

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back