Typhon Question about hinge pins and a-arms

palmryde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 6s
I am in re-building mode over the winter. When disassembling the front and rear a-arms I cannot get out the hinge pins. They are rusty and stuck. I am replacing all anyway but my question is how do I keep this from happening? Seems like the a-arms should pivot on the hinge pins? Should I put grease/lube on the pins prior to install? Or does it even matter?

Boggs3010

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon TLR
  8. Vendetta
Great question, personally I take mine use 3000 grit too clean them up and lube upon re-install. I have no idea if correct just went with it.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
I've found if they're bent @ all they can be difficult to get out as well. You can take the new ones, tap them in from one side & that should push the old ones out. I also use a very fine grit sandpaper (or steel wool) to get all the crud off, then use a dry lube when reinstalling. Don't use any kind of oil etc cuz it'll just attract more stuff

palmryde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 6s
I am not even going to mess with the old ones for now I was thinking dry lube as well with the new arms and pins I am going to install. I was thinking tough that a little grease on the ends my be ok?

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
I am not even going to mess with the old ones for now I was thinking dry lube as well with the new arms and pins I am going to install. I was thinking tough that a little grease on the ends my be ok?
Like I said, I stay away from anything that's gonna attract more gunk. Especially on parts like the hingepins/suspension blocks where full range of motion is paramount to your suspension travel/performance

@9G

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon TLR

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
I've found that using plain silicone spray (not WD40) works well on moving parts to keep them lubed up. The silicone spray also repels dust/dirt and works like a light protective coating on plastic and metal.
Here's a link if you wanna give it a try:
https://www.performancelubricantsusa.com/product-page/dupont-silicone
I use Dupont chain saver chain lube but they recently changed the formula on it and it no longer has Teflon in it https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-M...NNfYZKx4sVW5FSCLaeRoCE38QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds