Typhon Question about hinge pins and a-arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmryde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 6s
I am in re-building mode over the winter. When disassembling the front and rear a-arms I cannot get out the hinge pins. They are rusty and stuck. I am replacing all anyway but my question is how do I keep this from happening? Seems like the a-arms should pivot on the hinge pins? Should I put grease/lube on the pins prior to install? Or does it even matter?

Great question, personally I take mine use 3000 grit too clean them up and lube upon re-install. I have no idea if correct just went with it.

I've found if they're bent @ all they can be difficult to get out as well. You can take the new ones, tap them in from one side & that should push the old ones out. I also use a very fine grit sandpaper (or steel wool) to get all the crud off, then use a dry lube when reinstalling. Don't use any kind of oil etc cuz it'll just attract more stuff

I am not even going to mess with the old ones for now I was thinking dry lube as well with the new arms and pins I am going to install. I was thinking tough that a little grease on the ends my be ok?

I am not even going to mess with the old ones for now I was thinking dry lube as well with the new arms and pins I am going to install. I was thinking tough that a little grease on the ends my be ok?
Like I said, I stay away from anything that's gonna attract more gunk. Especially on parts like the hingepins/suspension blocks where full range of motion is paramount to your suspension travel/performance

I've found that using plain silicone spray (not WD40) works well on moving parts to keep them lubed up. The silicone spray also repels dust/dirt and works like a light protective coating on plastic and metal.
Here's a link if you wanna give it a try:
https://www.performancelubricantsusa.com/product-page/dupont-silicone
I use Dupont chain saver chain lube but they recently changed the formula on it and it no longer has Teflon in it https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-M...NNfYZKx4sVW5FSCLaeRoCE38QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back