Granite question about Lithium Ion and charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoldos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
My Voltage can use up to 6 Lithium Ion 3.6v batteries. I understand these are sort of like LiPOs, and are high powered. They also need to be charged carefully and balanced if possible. My charger charges 4 at a time. So can I charge 4, then 2 more, and then run the truck okay? I don't want to mess something up, and the manual did say charge them as "sets".

Comments?

So the 18650 batteries for the Voltage are generally the same as most others. They have to be "Button top" in order to make contact on both sides in the battery case. They do provide more power than the 6 cell NiMH batteries you can put in there. Don't forget you can run a 2S lipo as well by changing the tabs on the ESC. I am assuming you are using a standard charger for the 18650's. I use the same one to charge my flashlight batteries as the Voltage batteries. There is no way to "balance" them, so don't worry about that. Just make sure they are all fully charged before use. That's about it.

I forgot what thread it was, but someone on here did some pretty cool upgrades to his Voltage. Ours is stock in our house, but they have a lot of fun with it! Pretty tough truck. Only had to replace one driveshaft cup on it so far, and they jump it off everything they can. $4 dollars in spare parts!:D

Cool, thanks! I actually chatted with support where I got the charger and they said the same thing (they also sell the same type of batteries). They said just charge the 4, then charge 2 more right after, and it will work great! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back