Question about MIP hex drivers (orange handle vs speed tips)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
Ok , so i bought some MIP drivers (awesome btw) but i also tried their speedbits with a ratcheting handle. My question is what do most people prefer? I noticed that using the speedbits with the ratcheting handle makes them about 2x longer than the orange handled versions and wondered about any pros/cons or if people use both for different scenarios (one for the workbench and one for the bashing bag?)

51S87wbVm5L._AC_SL1400_.jpg

AND
51c98CAwacL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

VS

81uWbryqulL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

trying to decide if i should keep both or return one and use the money for more parts etc

I've got one very similar to the little Klein. It comes reeeal handy at times.

When I first bought my MIP drivers I goofed and got the ones without the handle. I figured I could use one of my other handles. WRONG! I didn't have any handles that would work, so I wound up buy a set of MIP drivers with the handle.

Then somebody posted a link to the Connext3 handle, so I got one of those for the MIP tools I had without the handle.

I'm set pretty good for metric drivers now..... ?

If any of you need a good little ratchet I highly recommend this one from Teng Tools.

A6E797B1-47D8-4BFC-B9BA-3FAC91C77883-large.jpg

The "Teng Tools mini ratchet set" is a great little thing especially for getting into tight spaces where a regular ratchet or driver won't fit. ;)

If any of you need a good little ratchet I highly recommend this one from Teng Tools.

View attachment 57982

The "Teng Tools mini ratchet set" is a great little thing especially for getting into tight spaces where a regular ratchet or driver won't fit. ;)
The bits just won't be of any use for radio control though. That little ratchet looks pretty handy itself!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back