Notorious Question about Notorious shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Park

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hello, I am a beginner doing RC car as a hobby in South Korea.
I need some help.
My Notorious shock cap broke while I was playing with my car, and run out shock oil.
So I'm trying to change my shock cap and refill the silicone oil,
Do you have any suggestions other than those in the manual?(number of cst or wt)
I usually do stunts such as jumps and backflips.
It is hard to get information because there is no Arrma Forum in Korea.

Hello, I am a beginner doing RC car as a hobby in South Korea.
I need some help.
My Notorious shock cap broke while I was playing with my car, and run out shock oil.
So I'm trying to change my shock cap and refill the silicone oil,
Do you have any suggestions other than those in the manual?(number of cst or wt)
I usually do stunts such as jumps and backflips.
It is hard to get information because there is no Arrma Forum in Korea.
I put 70 wt in the front and 65 in the rear. I do run double springs on my jumping outcast as it helps landings. A one ten scale spring inside the stock
IMG_20191214_195645.jpg

Last edited:
Associated 80w /1000cst. I like it in the Kraton and Noto. 6S rigs. I put the optional smaller holed front pistons included in the V4 parts bag in the rear shocks.

What’s the best Position for the nut holding the spring for jumping I’m having a problem with it slapping the ground

What’s the best Position for the nut holding the spring for jumping I’m having a problem with it slapping the ground
Well....I know this may be a debatable topic but some chassis slap is a GOOD thing. Think about where that energy is going to go if it isn't dissipated across the entire (fairly strong I might add) chassis? The relatively small bolts holding the shocks to the mounts - or the mounts themselves, into the bulkhead.
I'd rather have a scuffed up chassis bottom than bent/broken mounts/bolts or shattered bulkhead 🤷‍♂️

But! To give a frame of reference for you - I use 80wt all around and have rear shock collars between 9 and 13 threads down and front 9 threads (counting threads isn't science but it's easy in the field don't judge me lol) and I only slap chassis when sending it to the moon. Normal jumps/bashing never bottoms out. Nice happy medium for me.

I recently put 2000 cst in noto and kraton shocks because it seemed like I was getting a lot of slap from not very high of a drop. I also crank the preload a lot and I'm still not happy and have ordered some hot racing Nero springs for both the noto and kraton. Trying to prepare for when I start hitting the ramp for first time.

I recently put 2000 cst in noto and kraton shocks because it seemed like I was getting a lot of slap from not very high of a drop. I also crank the preload a lot and I'm still not happy and have ordered some hot racing Nero springs for both the noto and kraton. Trying to prepare for when I start hitting the ramp for first time.
Please give an update on those springs then! I'm new to name brand RC so my knowledge of aftermarket on this beast is very limited lol. I'm not happy with the spring strength so much either - I'd LIKE to run with as little preload as possible to make stiffer tuning a little easier than simply cranking preload all the way lol.
It's super cold where I am rn so the 80wt is more than enough dampening - summer be damned lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back