Kraton Question about price if i were to sell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think $650 is a fair price. It would be an easier sell if it were a V3, but it sounds like a nice truck. Good luck!

Selling a used R/C isn’t a good move. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ASS. You will be lucky to get $400,,, if you want a gaming computer,,,buy one. Don’t sell your R/C.

Selling a used R/C isn’t a good move. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ASS. You will be lucky to get $400,,, if you want a gaming computer,,,buy one. Don’t sell your R/C.

Yes. Don't take any money for something you don't want anymore. Makes perfect sense, lol.

He realizes hes not going to get his money back, but it sounds like he is ready to exit the hobby. Why not get *something* instead of shoving it into a closet never to be used again?

Im selling as a full kit for someone who's looking to get in the hobby. i mean my opinion for each upgrade and other stuff sounds like $650 is solid, not over the top? im not hard up for money, if i don't sell then oh well but im def not giving stuff away for free and im not selling it split up.

You sound realistic, $650 for a used R/C is a rare buyer,,,very few. Good luck.

I would personally just keep it, put it up on a shelf.. you may way to drive it again in a few years. I have several on a shelf I haven’t driven in years. I have over $1200 in those,,not worth anything on the used market.

I see Rc s on CL all the time and every week or so the price drops until either it is such a ridiculously low price it sells or the owner removes it and places on the garage shelf. Hard to sell no matter how well you maintained it. Good luck. Start at 650 and be prepared to move it at 250-300.

Do an advanced search on eBay for sold listings of what you have. The advanced search button is far top right corner and it is your friend. The big Arrmas will bring around $300.00 or so and shelf queens more some times almost new price. Sadly, upgraded cars don’t bring a whole lot more. Good luck, great car and a lot of nice stuff there, you might find someone wanting to get into 1/8 scale rc looking to buy all at once.
Jim

While I think your $650 price is fair, I also agree you won't get it . List the truck for $450-$400. Sell the charger, tools, soldering station, batteries separately, and individually. Plan on listing them around 50% of new price. It will be more of a PITA, but your will get more of your money back.

Start at $650 and take good pictures. Condition is everything.

650.00. O.B.O. and see what happens. Bottom line is if you don't get an offer that you're comfortable with it you know what your answer is.

$650 is alright, but you will have to be patient because demand might not be there as winter is just around the corner

Do you still have your stock parts? If so you should put all your stock parts back on and sell it at a decent price, someone will buy it for parts. Then sell your upgrades seperately on ebay or something. May take more time but you might even get more in the long run

Last edited:
I had an Outcast with about $250 in upgrades installed and about $150 worth of spare parts. I started out at $600 and kept dropping the price by $50 every 2 weeks and it finally sold for $350. The person that bought it also had to pay $40 for shipping. Like others have said, you lose out BIG time when you sell an rc.

I was looking to sell my V3 a few weeks back but then thought again. For the sake of £450 you can buy a brand new one and do your own upgrades to it. Also they get there warrenty. So glad I kept mine

I was looking to sell my V3 a few weeks back but then thought again. For the sake of £450 you can buy a brand new one and do your own upgrades to it. Also they get there warrenty. So glad I kept mine
Except upgrading it with the same parts i did would cost you more, a lot more. For the sake of $450ish you would never want to upgrade in the case.

The warranty is not an issue because the proof of purchase with the date is in the box that i would of give with it.

I feel like im defending myself here now.... I chose to keep it, not because of comments here (thanks bicketybam for understanding), because i never wanted to sell it, it was an idea at the time. I still think it was a good price for a fairly new Kraton V2 with never used upgraded parts at the time of the OP and a new Kraton stock does not compare to the value i was letting go... This was not a Rich Duperbash tested Kraton lol.

Last edited:
You have no reason to defend yourself your car is 100% well worth the money maybe abit more. I was just saying that some people choose to go for different upgrades than the ones on your car. Maybe I worded it wrong but in no way was I disputing the sale because I would 100% pay the asking price if I was after one. I think you have done a great job with it ?

You have no reason to defend yourself your car is 100% well worth the money maybe abit more. I was just saying that some people choose to go for different upgrades than the ones on your car. Maybe I worded it wrong but in no way was I disputing the sale because I would 100% pay the asking price if I was after one. I think you have done a great job with it ?
Sorry about that. I was a bit touchy.... I been trying to sell my 2nd Oculus Go brand new still in its box never opened and i keep getting offers for less then $100 for a VR HMD that sells for $199.99 still.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back