Question about typhon 3s receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I've have an associated b6d brand new never been driven cus I just haven't purchases a receiver yet. I've been loving my b64d so I haven't cared. Anyway my arrma 3s typhon took a poop and I tore it down. Does anyone know If I could run the reciever from the typhon on the b6d without any issues? I have a 17.5 reedy sonic motor in the 6d with an xr10 2s wsc

Will I run into any issues. I tecently just purchased a b64d and b6d w all reedy electronics so I'm being a cheap ass cus all I have left to complet the 6d is an RX. So I was hoping I could take the one off my typhon 3s and run it. I have a 17.5 reedy sonic motor on the 6d and an xr10 XeRun 80A esc. And I'm run ING an gets ace mini 2s lipo

Your Rx MUST be a matching Rx for for the radio you are using. Brand specific.
Radio and Receiver Must be compatible always.
Motor and ESC you are running is totally insignificant.
More importantly, you never stated what Specific Radio and Receiver you are trying to "Bind" together.:(

Assuming.....If you have the TA RTR radio (XP120) then you will need to use the matching TA Receiver with it.
Personally, having it, I hate the XP120. Horrible radio overall, IMHO.
Buy a Radiolink RC4GS multi-model radio and use it for all your rigs. Extra Radiolink Receivers's are inexpensive to add more models to this radio. Up to 10 models. Excellent range. Fast Latency response to Driver input and no more glitching.( Main reason I hate the old technology XP120)
Just me.

Last edited:
I've have an associated b6d brand new never been driven cus I just haven't purchases a receiver yet. I've been loving my b64d so I haven't cared. Anyway my arrma 3s typhon took a poop and I tore it down. Does anyone know If I could run the reciever from the typhon on the b6d without any issues? I have a 17.5 reedy sonic motor in the 6d with an xr10 2s wsc
To answer your question, Yes, you can use the reciever from the Typhon, BUT, you must also use the transmitter from the Typhon. Recievers and transmitters go together as a pair basically. Doesn't matter what ESC and motor you have. The ESC plugs into the reciever and the reciever binds to the transmitter. You can use any reciever and transmitter combo as long as they are comfortable with each other. On the Typhon reciever, steering servo plugs into port 1 and the ESC plugs into port 2. Port 3 is an auxiliary port for anything such as a fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back