Kraton question about warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys, I got confirmation that a new unit is on the way, no tracking tho

Good deal.

Hobbico responded, but its ridiculous you gotta go through all the hassle to make it happen.

Well, now that the esc isn't my problem its working as it should, sadly I have a broken wing mount, somehow a broken rear a-arm, and a broken wing... And I cartwheeled the thing maybe 3 times when I ran it again lol... I'm sad now... Oh well, the a-arm split at the pin!

Do you drive them in concrete?

Mine has been through similar stuff and landed on its back flat out, and on the wing etc, but mine is the Talion so its light. Not sure which one you have.

WOW, I must have just gotten a gem of a car. While I have replaced multiple parts, many of which were pre-emptive upgrades, I have not had any of the issues I see so many of.

I have never broken any of the plastic. All of my gears are original. Wing and wing mount still hanging on. Never bent or broke any part of the suspension. I did bend the steering rack, but I didn’t even notice until I went to replace it with the voltage hobbies rack.

My servo went quick but that was due to driver error. I did have dog bone come out of the cup, and it dug a little trench in the A-Arm, but I never replaced the damaged A-Arm. Oh yeah I had one of the original battery straps snap in a bad cart wheel. The worst of that was it pulled the XT-90 connector off my battery.

I can totally understand the frustration I see some of you having, but dang it if this car isn’t just the toughest, gnarliest thing I’ve ever driven.

Do you drive them in concrete?

Mine has been through similar stuff and landed on its back flat out, and on the wing etc, but mine is the Talion so its light. Not sure which one you have.

I drive them in grass, I mean I have the kraton since its in the kraton forum lol... I have had my Kraton BRAND SPANKING NEW since July 25, 2016... I still think this kraton is tough as hell... I had pl slingshots on it at the beach at one point, and I hung 12'o clock wheelies down the beach... I ran 4s for a while as the ebay deal came with two 2s packs, and I got sick of 4s so I bought two SMC 4300mah 3s packs and soldered some xt90's and what a difference:)

I have broken(Least recent): Steering servo (I replaced it with a savox sw0231), front tires exploded from wheelies on 6s( I later changed to a thicker weight center diff fluid), (So I got badlands and slingshots 3.8" pre-mounted) Fast eddy sealed ball bearing kit, cuz stock was metal shielded. And I crashed into a jungle gym and managed to snap a front shock shaft, (totally my fault)

(most recent) Center diff exploded(the machine thread screws that clamp the diff cup together backed out cuz the diff cup is plastic and those screws go into the plastic diff cup and then that stripped out all the center gears), esc finally replaced(oddly I have the newer black case blx 185 which was supposed to be improved) Now I have a broken rear a-arm that split around the pin, and a broken wing mount, and yea... Pain in the butt..

Sure I have abused this thing so bad, never crashed on concrete tho... Ima get an RPM wing mount, and a new white wing, and some new rear a-arms...

Last edited:
The deal about the screws into the diff cups, mine are all the same, they are holding well no issues.

All I can say QC must be hit or miss w ARRMA. Mine has gone through rough deals, and not a broken part.

I did not even threadlock it, nothing. Plugged battery and bash it to the ground, so far about 30 battery packs run and in one piece.

The only one thing were the tires needed to be re-glued when running 6s.
But, mine is the Talion so could be it is lighter and those not stress the drivetrain that bad.

Here's what I went through:

I emaild some photos and described the event to:
main arrma support who advised me to contact their swedish distributor
i contact swedish and they advise me to contact either their uk distributor or modelsport.co.uk (where i ordered it from)
so i mail the uk distributor first and they say we are so new to this so we will have to contact main arrma support and come back to you (loool)
- so i mailed modelsport instead and they asked me to send it, sent it to them and they will replace but don't have blx185 so they offered me instead a hobbywing quicrun wp 8bl150, i guess its a slight upgrade so now im just waiting some days for shipping :)
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/?product_id=382834

everyone i've mailed have been very helpful tho, just a long chain of mailing

ARRMA have been great replacing all my warranty stuff. They even sent me a full set of wheels and tires after i shredded a pair of stock Kraton tires.

It's all in how you ask for something. Be courteous and professional rather than the opposite

Thanks guys, its off to buying a new wing mount, wing, and a full set of a arms:( well at least my esc shenanigans are fixed :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back