Kraton question about warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I sent my esc to arrma warranty because of running it for a good 5 mins, the motor was warm, the esc just shuts off with a green light, and the throttle does not work... I have tried everything, so I sent it to arrma warranty, after owning this truck for a good 9months or so, I have replaced: center diff, new tires(badlands and slingshots), a front shock shaft from a really bad crash into a jungle gym, and a rear diff housing that broke from use and abuse, and a steering servo, and a fast eddy sealed bearing set... What happened with the center diff IMO could have been avoided by replacing the plastic diff cup housing every once and a while as the screws go into plastic, and backed out, causing the gears to grind, again I have beat this truck sensless and it has been a lot of fun driving it, but I have kept really good care of it... Anyway, the esc was received 3/3/17 and I keep checking the status of it since I got an email about how they received it and they are looking into it.. I am hoping for a new esc.

Thanks
-Spence

My guess is that they will test it, then either fix it or replace it.

guys its been about 6 days, and no reply or no notification of status, I keep checking the status of my item

Time to make the phone call. I think I remember someone saying they are better on the phone than they are by email.

I did this and it took awhile of coarse I bought a new esc in between. Now I have a back up. I think they sent me a refurbished one

Alright guys, I just got off the phone with support, they said that they are emailing the manager to check what is going on with the status, as its been a while and they said they apologized about the wait, and they are going to email me as well. I am really looking forward to being able to run my kraton again, hopefully soon :)

I didn't get an email that they promised, I may start saving for a mamba monster and castle link... This is getting tedious

My esc did the exact same thing. Stopped running, no throttle or reverse. Just simply flashed green with my steering still working. I sent my ESC in, they returned it and said it was not faulty. I re-installed it, and it happened again 10 minutes into the first run. I then re-sent it back in with a letter stating how annoyed I was having to un-install to re-install/program the esc again for it to do the same thing. Now I have been waiting for it to be returned as well. In my letter I stated I wanted either a refurbished one, or a new one. And that I did not want my original one back (my Kraton has been out of commission for over a month now, though my Outcast's ESC has been great)

I explicitly stated I wanted NOTHING to do with the old esc lol in the letter with the esc :D, I hope they turn this around for me, I am starting to get agitated. Hobbico support in the past has been great for me, it was axial, (same parent company) their support was awesome

I explicitly stated I wanted NOTHING to do with the old esc lol in the letter with the esc :D, I hope they turn this around for me, I am starting to get agitated. Hobbico support in the past has been great for me, it was axial, (same parent company) their support was awesome
It is really frustrating having to install it, program it, bring it the bash spot, to have it do the same stupid flashing green light again. Was your esc flashing green?

Yeah that is what mine did, flashing green light 5mins or so into a run, and it would stop responding throttle wise... My old esc has a silver sharpie mark and it has a broken mount tab so if I get that one back I am not gonna be happy at all lol
I may call again soon

well... Lol, it appears I am an idiot, the old esc I was sent back is working ugh silly me wow I feel dumb :D the same one I sent them
interesting, it came from Tower Hobbies hmm.... Maybe they reflashed it or something idk....

Last edited:
Guys, I am still upset, I checked the lipo battery voltage, it was at a very healthy 3.9 volts per cell, and the esc had a green blinking light, and not ANY throttle response, I am going to give support a bit of a tough time about this, I don't want to play this dance anymore of sending it back and forth! Bizarrely enough the esc's cutoff voltage is at 3.4 volts per cell or so, and the first run went fine, the second run not so much it would run for a couple seconds and then just cut the throttle...

I am going to call arrma support again requesting a new esc at their expense and not having to ship it back and forth etc... Either that or I am starting to save for a mamba monster 2 waterproof version... I also took a video with the low voltage monitor displaying 3.9 volts per cell... So it is not the cutoff voltage... I made a video guys, I mean I am thinking of calling them monday and emailing them, and yea.. This time it ran for about 3-4 minutes before it started acting up...

Guys, I have a 20ton press, maybe I could show them evidence of me destroying the esc with it(the defective one) so they could send me a new one that isn't a defective junk heap... So even though I am totally honest, I don't really want to continue wasting my money shipping the defective esc back and forth... And the note I got states: "Letter states, esc runs for 10mins and shuts down with flashing green LED. This is normal run time for a typical user. The flashing green light signifies low voltage cutoff. Esc Bench tested ok." I ran it for 3-5 mins this time and it did the same thing... Pretty sure the green light isn't lvc its the red light that signifies lvc...

Last edited:
Guys, I am still upset, I checked the lipo battery voltage, it was at a very healthy 3.9 volts per cell, and the esc had a green blinking light, and not ANY throttle response, I am going to give support a bit of a tough time about this, I don't want to play this dance anymore of sending it back and forth! Bizarrely enough the esc's cutoff voltage is at 3.4 volts per cell or so, and the first run went fine, the second run not so much it would run for a couple seconds and then just cut the throttle...

I am going to call arrma support again requesting a new esc at their expense and not having to ship it back and forth etc... Either that or I am starting to save for a mamba monster 2 waterproof version... I also took a video with the low voltage monitor displaying 3.9 volts per cell... So it is not the cutoff voltage... I made a video guys, I mean I am thinking of calling them monday and emailing them, and yea.. This time it ran for about 3-4 minutes before it started acting up...

Guys, I have a 20ton press, maybe I could show them evidence of me destroying the esc with it(the defective one) so they could send me a new one that isn't a defective junk heap...
exact scenario I had. Really not sure what it is. Because apparently, the green flash means its in "program mode"

Honestly I would enjoy this, and I think this isn't a half bad idea: How about I take a video of me crushing the old esc in my 20 ton bottle jack press and get the technicians to agree to let me do this so they don't think I am trying to cheat them like selling the esc they give me on ebay, but when in reality the esc is genuinely defective, and I would appreciate a new one. My dad had a computer motherboard that would fail at a certain number of hours, and he kept sending it back, and the company would test it, and said that its fine, and so on went the battle over and over it was sent back, he just gave up and bought a new one...

Last edited:
Guys, what do you suggest I do then? I just got an email from arrma support asking how I liked their service and I am NOT happy... Its cheaper to video me destroying it with my 20ton press than to send it back, I would like a new unit...

Lol I'm actually 18 thank you very much:D I mean I know it sounds silly but I still have a defective esc, and its intermittently failing and working... I would rather crush it than to waste postage again and take a video and then they could send me a new one... I know it sounds like a dumb plan, but its just proving for sure that I am not cheating them so I can get a new unit...
are you 12 years old?

Seriously dude.

Check to make sure your esc fan is plugged in correctly and not causing the esc to go into program mode.
What brand, mah, C rating, age etc are your batteries?
That can make a huge difference how the truck runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back