Question; Any tree or arborist people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I have 3x maple trees. I would say they are 18 years old or so. I put them in at about 6’ tall and they are 20’ plus now.

The variegated leaf maple in the middle of 2x crimson kings has a double leader. it is actually larger in diameter then the main leader. What should I do if anything?

ADF2A528-5EB4-4478-B5B0-79404DA2CFA5.jpeg

DF97EA25-34F3-4C71-A5A7-F462AFCB4F30.jpeg

DC35E592-FEDE-4D00-8B2A-7B5B468D4D87.jpeg

Thanx,

justin

Last edited:
Usually as long as they are not touching each other it is fine, but as they grow they might get so large that they will rub and cause the bark to break and weaken your tree. it could take a long time or you could enquire and assess which one to remove or prune. Good luck.

We have a big walnut tree with damaged roots. Does that count?

We have tons of small apple, cherry and plum trees as well, and also those trees of which you can put a branch into the ground, and it would survive and give a new tree.

We also have a lot of berry bushes, 4 or 5 kinds

One of our trees gave Apples the size of cherries 😂

Actually I am a certified arborist. I wouldn't do anything. It isn't going to cause any issues in your lifetime. If it's a cosmetic thing to you. You can cut it off but leave about 4 inch protruding and wrap it for a couple weeks with burlap. Just remember you risk losing the tree when taking steps like that. The likely hood of losing it is slim as long as you keep it protected until it heals.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back