Limitless Question for speed runners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
For those of you that run the infraction or limitless gt for speed runs, what is the average weight of your cars complete and ready to run. I got on this topic with some friends and was curious with what others think. Now in normal drag racing, 100 lbs would be 1/10 of a second average faster in the quarter mile ,so say what 1 lb would do for one of these cars.

Don't have a scale to weigh my Limitless but I'd guess ready to rock with dual 4s packs it's probably up around 15+lbs. Not a ton more for weight reduction I can do. I do run a full Basherqueen carbon fiber set and aluminum chassis braces which do add a little weight over stock plastic parts. But I recently had a nasty crash at 126mph and I think the fact I run the aluminum chassis braces and CF center t2t brace saved my chassis from bending. It's pretty crazy to think the weight to horsepower ratio is almost 1HP per pound depending on the setup.

Don't have a scale to weigh my Limitless but I'd guess ready to rock with dual 4s packs it's probably up around 15+lbs. Not a ton more for weight reduction I can do. I do run a full Basherqueen carbon fiber set and aluminum chassis braces which do add a little weight over stock plastic parts. But I recently had a nasty crash at 126mph and I think the fact I run the aluminum chassis braces and CF center t2t brace saved my chassis from bending. It's pretty crazy to think the weight to horsepower ratio is almost 1HP per pound depending on the setup.
Yeah, my car is on the heavy side at 17.4 lbs and fastest time is 147 mph, it should be around 155,taking weight off now and going to try again. I'm just used to running a heavy car so hopefully it won't mess me up. There is almost a lb difference between the chnl 5200 and the 9500 batteries alone,the car went down to 16.6 lbs just changing them

Yeah, my car is on the heavy side at 17.4 lbs and fastest time is 147 mph, it should be around 155,taking weight off now and going to try again. I'm just used to running a heavy car so hopefully it won't mess me up. There is almost a lb difference between the chnl 5200 and the 9500 batteries alone,the car went down to 16.6 lbs just changing them
Damn man how come you haven't posted in the how fast did you go today thread? You'd be #3 on the list just under phildogg (Phillip Jolley) also look at the thread Arrma forum personal best records for the "rules" for a validated run as well. That's awesome man keep it up! I've hit 138mph so far best PB on 8s, I run MMX8S and the CNHL 5200 racing series packs. PB was with TP 4060-cm 2080kv but after the 138 it started de-syncing on me so just switched to the TP 4050 2100kv and just wrecked last pass at 126 so have to do repairs before I can run again and chase a new PB. Set a goal for the year of 150 and has been tough to hit 140 so far. Also not bad my wreck was my first ever started only in January with a Typhon GT best PB was 125 on 8s them got my Lim which is my baby. Again congrats on the PB and keep it up like I said start posting in those threads as we all love more competition and like I said you'll knock a few of us down the list and be 3rd only to Phill in the 160's.

Damn man how come you haven't posted in the how fast did you go today thread? You'd be #3 on the list just under phildogg (Phillip Jolley) also look at the thread Arrma forum personal best records for the "rules" for a validated run as well. That's awesome man keep it up! I've hit 138mph so far best PB on 8s, I run MMX8S and the CNHL 5200 racing series packs. PB was with TP 4060-cm 2080kv but after the 138 it started de-syncing on me so just switched to the TP 4050 2100kv and just wrecked last pass at 126 so have to do repairs before I can run again and chase a new PB. Set a goal for the year of 150 and has been tough to hit 140 so far. Also not bad my wreck was my first ever started only in January with a Typhon GT best PB was 125 on 8s them got my Lim which is my baby. Again congrats on the PB and keep it up like I said start posting in those threads as we all love more competition and like I said you'll knock a few of us down the list and be 3rd only to Phill in the 160's.
Cool,thanks,I just weighed it and it's down to 15.6 lbs,almost 2 lbs lighter, need to adjust suspension and go back out,that's good on the typhon also,I hit 125 last year on 6s with a stretched typhon, and I know what it's like to wreck, I've done it probably 30 times since I started speed runs a year ago.

Definitely no fun and all from a damn rock in the road. Typhon was a lot more challenging as it was SWB not stretched and always wanted to pull one way or the other. The Limitless on the other hand has been like an arrow even at 130-138 just like nothing to controll I love it! Best 6s PB has been 123 with the Limitless on my setup so not bad at all. Are you running MMX8S or XLX2 and what motor you run?

Definitely no fun and all from a damn rock in the road. Typhon was a lot more challenging as it was SWB not stretched and always wanted to pull one way or the other. The Limitless on the other hand has been like an arrow even at 130-138 just like nothing to controll I love it! Best 6s PB has been 123 with the Limitless on my setup so not bad at all. Are you running MMX8S or XLX2 and what motor you run?
That's great,I actually just stretched the typhon again, plan on trying 8s on it, I have an xlx2 with 1100kv castle motor sensored that runs 145 consistently and hit 147 last weekend ,now lighter we will see what happens

Nice that's a sweet setup! Have you thought about like the 1500-1650kv motors, might add some MPH's being higher kv and allow for smaller gearing as well. When I can eventually afford it I really want to get the XLX2 and something about 1650kv as I haven't had really good luck with the TP motors and have gotten absolutely no customer service from them either. Plus a sensored setup is just so much smoother and Castle has amazing customer service.

Nice that's a sweet setup! Have you thought about like the 1500-1650kv motors, might add some MPH's being higher kv and allow for smaller gearing as well. When I can eventually afford it I really want to get the XLX2 and something about 1650kv as I haven't had really good luck with the TP motors and have gotten absolutely no customer service from them either. Plus a sensored setup is just so much smoother and Castle has amazing customer service.
Yes,I agree, this 1100kv is the easiest motor I have run yet,had a tp 1460 before and kept wrecking and breaking stuff. Before that I ran a hobbywing 1650 and got 139 mph from it. The 1100kv is big and heavy but it's awesome.

I went out after dropping 2 lbs and crashed on the second pass 2/3 in the run at 144, so decided to lift off the body and put a new car underneath it . Put my good parts on it and will go back and test today. I had around 400 passes on the car over the last year and so much was worn .

To get back on your original question.
I was gonna write a whole essay, but decided to keep it short.
Weight hardly effect top speed, but does effect acceleration a lot.(why it's so important on drag races) So practically it's useful to keep the weight low. Yet saving weight at the cost of stability, aero, structural integrity can gave a negative effects.

Best way to test would be to add weight on a well tuned car and see if it gets slower.

Weight hardly effect top speed, but does effect acceleration a lot.(why it's so important on drag races) So practically it's useful to keep the weight low. Yet saving weight at the cost of stability, aero, structural integrity can gave a negative effects.

Best way to test would be to add weight on a well tuned car and see if it gets slower.
Last weekend after dropping 2 lbs it also pulled 100 amps less on the same mph,it seems the extra wieght had a lot to do with it. Second pass just 10 minutes ago was 146 with chnl 70 , 5000 mah. Going to try 90c 5200,s in a few

Today being lighter it didn't have the 1-2- - beeps for over load or too much current draw. I did 5 runs at 144,146,144,146,145, with the smaller batteries but its very consistent and now I can gear up some more. One thing I forgot to do was lower the braking after lightening up the car, they lock up on me while slowing down on one run. I'm wondering if I should turn up the timing from 10 to 15 degrees on this 1100kv

My 70mph Typhon MEGA weighs around 7 pounds with dual 3s packs. I'm needing a speedrun spool though.
When I crashed it, I only broke a shock rod end, not even arrma shocks, and a 3d printed ESC mount. :cool: I was going about 65mph and went off the road, hit some rocks and cartwheeled ~8 feet in the air. Wish I got it on video.

My 70mph Typhon MEGA weighs around 7 pounds with dual 3s packs. I'm needing a speedrun spool though.
When I crashed it, I only broke a shock rod end, not even arrma shocks, and a 3d printed ESC mount. :cool: I was going about 65mph and went off the road, hit some rocks and cartwheeled ~8 feet in the air. Wish I got it on video.
Yeah, typhons like to cartwheel for sure,I did it badly one time. It did it so many times it almost went into the canal. It landed right on top of the embankment

Lucky for sure! I bet that scared the :poop: out of you.
Yeah, batteries, esc and other stuff was flying out of the car,which lightened it up and kept on cartwheeling. It was over 120 mph pass on my stretched typhon . This happened a year ago before I got my first limitless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back