Question for the guys running m2c chassis and hot racing diff case housing in the rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa_fullsend

Full send or no send ??
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Got the m2c chassis for my kraton and a hot racing rear diff case/bulkhead. I’ve Also got voltage aluminum chassis braces so I’m ditching the T2T. Now do I still need the v4 part that holds the T2T on top of the case or can I switch to the V3 one that didn’t have the T2T?

Also, I had trouble getting a hot racing diff bulkhead on the front. It just wouldn’t go because the threads that hold it to the lower front rear Hinge pin block aren’t angled enough to let it lay flat on the front upkick of the chassis. So I just used a stock plastic one and had no issues. anyone else have this problem ?

Attachments

• 7EEE61A7-6EA2-4A42-BD87-78D97D926BDB.jpeg
    7EEE61A7-6EA2-4A42-BD87-78D97D926BDB.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 9208B013-B238-4FAD-AB7B-408E85232321.jpeg
    9208B013-B238-4FAD-AB7B-408E85232321.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 55473FCD-8E38-4470-BCDB-298DB41BC395.jpeg
    55473FCD-8E38-4470-BCDB-298DB41BC395.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 80
I don't think you'd need the v4 t2t mount pieces if you don't run the tube but but makes me want to look at my Kraton to double check. Cool it can come off if unnecessary and to save bulk and a little weight. I do use the wing mount thingy though in the second photo on a couple v3 trucks but upgrades from Voltage Hobbies on these.

Got the m2c chassis for my kraton and a hot racing rear diff case/bulkhead. I’ve Also got voltage aluminum chassis braces so I’m ditching the T2T. Now do I still need the v4 part that holds the T2T on top of the case or can I switch to the V3 one that didn’t have the T2T?

Also, I had trouble getting a hot racing diff bulkhead on the front. It just wouldn’t go because the threads that hold it to the lower front rear Hinge pin block aren’t angled enough to let it lay flat on the front upkick of the chassis. So I just used a stock plastic one and had no issues. anyone else have this problem ?
I use a stock bulk head with the upgraded suspension mounts in the front. Since installing the mounts (Custom Rc Upgrades) I haven't had a front case go. You might want to reverse what your doing, keep the voltage mounts, and stash the HR case for another build. I also have HR on the back, and it's been bullet proof since I installed it.

I am running the M2C chassis with the Hot Racing rear gearbox, and I had the Hot Racing part like in your second pic fitted without any issues.
As far as the front mine fit just fine. Hot Racing gearbox and Hot Racing suspension mounts.
I did have an issue installing the front chassis brace though, the hole was off by like half a millimeter.
Funny I am doing the opposite of you, I went from a V1 to V4 stuff lol.
81358213_3056583567702546_8714801308613214208_o (1).jpg

The M2C chassis won't bend but it will still flex enough to pull the pins through the body on big hits. I have a V3 Kraton and original bought the JBI chassis. No flex. Switched to the MC2 chassis and pulled the pins through the body almost immediately. Granted, the holes were a bit banged out already but as I said, it wasn't an issue before. I ended up doing the opposite as you and added the Hot Racing V4 mounts and T2T brace.

I use a stock bulk head with the upgraded suspension mounts in the front. Since installing the mounts (Custom Rc Upgrades) I haven't had a front case go. You might want to reverse what your doing, keep the voltage mounts, and stash the HR case for another build. I also have HR on the back, and it's been bullet proof since I installed it.

Yeah I switched to a stock case in the front with the hot racing suspension mounts, and the hot racing case fit just fine in the rear with the voltage mounts so I’ll stick with that for now ??

I am running the M2C chassis with the Hot Racing rear gearbox, and I had the Hot Racing part like in your second pic fitted without any issues.
As far as the front mine fit just fine. Hot Racing gearbox and Hot Racing suspension mounts.
I did have an issue installing the front chassis brace though, the hole was off by like half a millimeter.
View attachment 65164
Not sure if you bashed with that t2t brace yet but it will bend if you bash hard even with the m2c chassis.

View attachment 65164

Yeah I would assume since I’m not gonna run t2t I wouldn’t need the v4 piece with the mount for it, the v3 mount would work just fine. Yeah I don’t know why my front hot racing gearbox wouldn’t line up right, went on fine in the rear so I put the stock one on the front. ??‍♂️
Not sure if you bashed with that t2t brace yet but it will bend if you bash hard even with the m2c chassis.

Yeah it bent while running stock chassis. And I bent stock chassis so I’m doing the m2c thing. I asked rich duperbash if he runs t2t with m2c chassis and aluminum chassis braces and he said he does not so I figured it would be okay to ditch it lol
I don't think you'd need the v4 t2t mount pieces if you don't run the tube but but makes me want to look at my Kraton to double check. Cool it can come off if unnecessary and to save bulk and a little weight. I do use the wing mount thingy though in the second photo on a couple v3 trucks but upgrades from Voltage Hobbies on these.

So I’d probably be fine getting the v3 part to use there since no t2t. That’s how they did it before the t2t came out so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work

I think the M2C angle is off a little... I just did mine over the weekend with brand new GPM bulkhead's and the angle was different between the 2... If all the item's are plastic, it's not as big of a deal as aluminum... I mounted the bulkhead first then attached the 2 screws for the rear hinge pin bracket through the chassis and there is a slight gap between. Didn't go too tight with them...

I think the M2C angle is off a little... I just did mine over the weekend with brand new GPM bulkhead's and the angle was different between the 2... If all the item's are plastic, it's not as big of a deal as aluminum... I mounted the bulkhead first then attached the 2 screws for the rear hinge pin bracket through the chassis and there is a slight gap between. Didn't go too tight with them...

Yeah with plastic on the front it flexes a bit for everything to line up, but all aluminum is unforgiving. I think in my case it’s the threads on the bulkhead it’s self. The ones that accept the screw from the lower front rear hinge pin mount. The threads are straight, or parallel with the bottom of itself, so when it’s on that angle of the chassis the screws don’t wanna go in. They should've been drilled and tapped at an upwards angle. Therefore hot racing should make 2 separate part numbers for the bulkheads, one specifically for front and one for rear. Just my observation and thought

Yeah with plastic on the front it flexes a bit for everything to line up, but all aluminum is unforgiving. I think in my case it’s the threads on the bulkhead it’s self. The ones that accept the screw from the lower front rear hinge pin mount. The threads are straight, or parallel with the bottom of itself, so when it’s on that angle of the chassis the screws don’t wanna go in. They should've been drilled and tapped at an upwards angle. Therefore hot racing should make 2 separate part numbers for the bulkheads, one specifically for front and one for rear. Just my observation and thought
But as the front lip is on an angle, if the holes were "vertical" as you say, then the screws wouldn't be flush and then be a snag or catch point. All my chassis to bulkead screws were fine, just the lower rear hinge was floating off the chassis...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back