Kraton Question for those with V3 Kratons... Still using servo and chassis braces?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoodles95

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am about to bite on a used Outcast and will be doing the GKA servo mount and chassis mounts (plus some other stuff to strengthen it up).

However, my next RC after that will likely be either a new Kraton or Talion. With the upgrades in V3 of these RCs are you folks still upgrading the servo mounts or chassis braces (which I believe were upgraded for V3).

Yes I have a V3 Kraton and have it all set up with a GKA braces and servo mount. Big difference over the upgraded V3 stuff.

My V3 Kraton runs stock chassis braces(till I break them, but they are cheap), Voltage Hobbies servo mount(Savox 1210), Voltage Hobbies shock towers(I destroyed the stock ones in a crash), and Voltage Hobbies steering rack and skid plates. I added an Outcast front bumper(not great, but T-Bone is not easy to come by in Australia). I run 6s and try and jump the car a fair bit. They are very tough to begin with, I just had a bad crash and destroyed the whole front end in one go, still waiting on replacement shock parts to get those going again. I'm usinga set of truggy shocks off a nitro car.
20180407_104225.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like there are some known weak points even with the version 3 upgrades. Sounds like servo mount, chassis braces, rear brace stop (gka part) and an aftermarket front bumper are all still good ideas.

My servo went out. I'm not convinced it is not because of flexing the plastic servo mount. I bought an aluminum replacement for peace of mind.

My servo went out. I'm not convinced it is not because of flexing the plastic servo mount. I bought an aluminum replacement for peace of mind.

If it was the stock servo it was because it was the stock servo.....

You may be right but I'm not taking any chances. It's all getting replaced. Then I won't have to worry about it anymore.
The stock servo is, in my opinion, too weak for a 1/8th scale vehicle. The gears are brass and aluminum and it only has about 200 oz/in of torque at 6v. Tekno recommends a 300oz/in steel gear servo for their EB48 and that is smaller and lighter than the 1/8th Arrmas.

The stock servo is, in my opinion, too weak for a 1/8th scale vehicle. The gears are brass and aluminum and it only has about 200 oz/in of torque at 6v. Tekno recommends a 300oz/in steel gear servo for their EB48 and that is smaller and lighter than the 1/8th Arrmas.

I took the one from my Kraton and I run it in my Mega Senton 4x4. It even sucks in that. I took the one from my Typhon and put it in my new Granite 4x4 3s BLX. I'm not expecting much.

I might put mine in my slash. I'm sure it is better than the little one Traxxas puts in stock

I might put mine in my slash. I'm sure it is better than the little one Traxxas puts in stock

I took the one from my Kraton and I run it in my Mega Senton 4x4. It even sucks in that. I took the one from my Typhon and put it in my new Granite 4x4 3s BLX. I'm not expecting much.
Mine works great in my 1/10 Ruckus, much better than the stock Spektrum one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back