Question on parts to convert felony to limitless / infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPWR

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to this awesome forum and tried doing a little searching but could not find exactly was I was looking for. I got a felony for really cheap and wanted to convert it ( Since I have an infraction for drifting ) I wanted to turn this into a speed running.

Asides from the GP5 diff, What are the other parts ( If anyone also has part numbers ) I would need to get to get it at a good base platform? Any help is extremely appreciated.

Matching GP5 input gear, another set of tires to match the fronts, and a spool.

Ok good to know, Do I need to get different hubs as well due to the offset, Do you happen to have part numbers?

All I did was the spool from the Limitless and got a complete diff unit from Jenny's RC to match the front (from an Infraction v2).
Depending what you are doing you may want to keep the 46t center diff in there...

Then a body/wing set and body mount set.

From this:
Top sideCapture.JPG

to this:

shelfCapture.JPG

Ok Awesome, So with that said, I'm guessing the hub sizes are the same and its just the wheel thats offset?

So options are

-a Spool gear ( with a custom 40t or 39t gear )from an limitless with an infraction v2 rear diff

or

- Keep the center diff and just swap the rear diff from a v2 infraction.

I was looking to convert this into more of a high-speed car so would the spool be a better option or just keep it simple and adjust the center diff when that becomes the bottleneck?

Ok Awesome, So with that said, I'm guessing the hub sizes are the same and its just the wheel thats offset?

So options are

-a Spool gear ( with a custom 40t or 39t gear )from an limitless with an infraction v2 rear diff

or

- Keep the center diff and just swap the rear diff from a v2 infraction.

I was looking to convert this into more of a high-speed car so would the spool be a better option or just keep it simple and adjust the center diff when that becomes the bottleneck?

You are correct the hubs and hex are all the same (no need to change those parts)
If you are going to do speed runs and only make 1 pass with a cool down between the next pass then yes get the Limitless spool.

What sort of setup are you planning to run and what sort of speed goal?
No matter what you goals are I recommend either the MMX8s or XLX2 esc and the Pinocchio center spool setup. This might be a good time to buy it rather than buying the limitless spool.

Example of the spool I am referencing. The concept is to reduce the length of the rear center dogbone that always bends/breaks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373654114340?hash=item56ff855024:g:fOwAAOSwH8ZgbzJU
Scortched RC also offers one, but usually is out of stock.

You are correct the hubs and hex are all the same (no need to change those parts)
If you are going to do speed runs and only make 1 pass with a cool down between the next pass then yes get the Limitless spool.

What sort of setup are you planning to run and what sort of speed goal?
No matter what you goals are I recommend either the MMX8s or XLX2 esc and the Pinocchio center spool setup. This might be a good time to buy it rather than buying the limitless spool.

Example of the spool I am referencing. The concept is to reduce the length of the rear center dogbone that always bends/breaks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373654114340?hash=item56ff855024:g:fOwAAOSwH8ZgbzJU
Scortched RC also offers one, but usually is out of stock.

I was eventually going to get an MMX8s and maybe a HS4585, I was looking into another one of your threads earlier and saw that recommendation.

BUT i must ask what would be the drawback of keeping the center diff in terms of longevity / top speed?

I was eventually going to get an MMX8s and maybe a HS4585, I was looking into another one of your threads earlier and saw that recommendation.

BUT i must ask what would be the drawback of keeping the center diff in terms of longevity / top speed?

What is the goal? How serious are you about going fast?
The XLX2 is significantly better and runs much cooler. I'd also say if you want big speeds a TP Power 56xx is the way to go (or a castle 2028 in the 1100kv trim).

For the center diff issue. There is a limit to how much gear you can fit. From memory I think you can't go past a 37 pinion with the original center diff. This would mean you are capping your peak speeds around 100 to 120mph. With that said those sort of speeds would be plenty for someone who is new to all of this "RC speed stuff".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back