Granite Question On Punch Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshwash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Hi Fellas,
Is it ok to push the punch strength to 5?
I had a spin just now and although it was doing cool wheelies, suddenly it slowed down and I couldn't accelerate anymore.

After it rested a while and it works again.
It is a sign of overheating? or battery issue? the cells were showing 3.19 to 3.3 if I remembered correctly.

Looks like you Hit LVC. (Low Voltage cut off) When you shut off and restart power, the ESC sees the cells reupped their volts from a brief resting and you can drive again at half LVC.(drives slowly) But basically stop where you are, the Lipos are discharged. Pretty low if yu ask me. Higher punch draws higher amps. Not to say Thermal cut may have triggered instead( higher Punch brings more heat to your ESC also), but doubt it. Because clearly your lipo's cells are discharged. Don't continue to drive with lipo pack that low. A 3.19v cell is border line damaging and sometimes may not recover with a fresh charge. I woud recharge that Lipo soon and measure its volts. See if it will balance charge well enough. I assume you know that your lipo should always be stored at 3.80-3.85 v/cell after use and put away. This is important. Your charger should have a Storage setting mode to use for this purpose after you are finished bashing.
Btw, I tend to be conservative with my Punch settings. I am not a wheelie guy myself. Max punch can bring other issues to your drivetrain But yes its still fun. It changes the driving experience. Try dropping down to Punch 4. :cool:

Last edited:
Looks like you Hit LVC. (Low Voltage cut off) When you shut off and restart power, the ESC sees the cells reupped their volts from a brief resting and you can drive again at half LVC.(drives slowly) But basically stop where you are, the Lipos are discharged. Pretty low if yu ask me. Higher punch draws higher amps. Not to say Thermal cut may have triggered instead( higher Punch brings more heat to your ESC also), but doubt it. Because clearly your lipo's cells are discharged. Don't continue to drive with lipo pack that low. A 3.19v cell is border line damaging and sometimes may not recover with a fresh charge. I woud recharge that Lipo soon and measure its volts. See if it will balance charge well enough. I assume you know that your lipo should always be stored at 3.80-3.85 v/cell after use and put away. This is important. Your charger should have a Storage setting mode to use for this purpose after you are finished bashing.
Btw, I tend to be conservative with my Punch settings. I am not a wheelie guy myself. Max punch can bring other issues to your drivetrain But yes its still fun. It changes the driving experience. Try dropping down to Punch 4. :cool:
Wow thanks for the advice much appreciated, gained knowledge.
Let's hope i didn't damage my lipo pack :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back