Talion Question regarding talion Chassis upgrading to EXB parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelnation36

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a V1 talion. Bought it and then had two kids and really never ran it much. Stored well and in near perfect condition. But I did want to upgrade some of the parts to EXB parts. Eventually want to get an M2c Chassis but my current one is in perfect condition. My question is of the parts I want to upgrade, will any or all of these EXB parts fit to my current Chassis.

The parts are EXB, most from jennysRC, can't beat the prices:

Front and back towers
EXB complete shocks, hinge pins, suspension mounts. Buying all hardware as well.
Front and rear braces
Aluminum sliding Motor mount
Aluminum servo mount (new servo purchased)
Body posts and mounts for new body
Front bumper

Ive read a lot prior to posting and most information relates to the kraton which I know is very similar. Also aware that exb rear arms will not work unless it's a exb Chassis or unless I modify my current Chassis.

Thanks in advance for any help!

There may be a parts compatibility chart on the Arrma site but the site has changed recently and I’m too lazy to check. Have a peek there to see. Sorry I can’t help you any further……I do have the Talion EXB and it’s great so have fun with the build and keep us posted as to what works and what doesn’t.

cheers,
kev

Baby steps. There are basic parts that will fit. Most of them probably will. You will need shock towers, shock,s and arms as a bundle.
Just that if your V1 Tal. is not broke why fix it? What you have is in good condition. Drive it, and cross the road of parts replacements as the need requires. EXB stuff is NOT all that.
If you are going to replace so much, why not just buy a new Tal EXB? More cost effective if you do the math.
Looks like you want your V1 Tal to become a new EXB one.
You are you focused on all the EXB stuff for upgrades. Look to other brands of upgrades. Just only as needed when certain parts break. Many stock composite plastic parts are fine.
You never mentioned upgrading the Radio and Receiver. Personally that would be the first thing I upgrade, if it is the stocker RTR radio.
Then upgrade the Servo. Which you said you have already. A 35kg servo is perfect for the Talion.
DS3235 is what I use. $34. AMZ. All of my 6s rigs.
You need to consult your V1 Talion manual parts list and compare it to the current EXB version.

Thanks for the feedback. The EXB arms won't fit the old Chassis style from everything I've read on these forums. Probably gonna grab some Rpm arms as spares and just put them on when my current arms break.

I definitely don't want to get a entire new car quite yet. I'm just getting back into and getting parts through jennys is pretty cheap. Almost exactly $200 for everything I listed not including the servo upgrade. That's quite a bit cheaper than a new $750 vehicle. A new one is in my plan but as I already have a talion I'll probably go another way for my next vehicle. Really liking the 1/5 kraton roller. I'm not much for tracks and theres no tracks even close to me. I'm more just go outside and bash the poop out of it.

Three kids now so was also considering picking up the Losi mini t 2.0 for around the house and so the youngest can learn on something a bit slower and smaller first.
Also what's wrong with the original radio? I've heard other people say upgrade it but I've never had an issue with it. Pretty decent range, I've actually only ran it to far once and that was because I wanted to see how far out before it would lose connection with the transmitter.
Baby steps. There are basic parts that will fit. Most of them probably will. You will need shock towers, shock,s and arms as a bundle.
Just that if your V1 Tal. is not broke why fix it? What you have is in good condition. Drive it, and cross the road of parts replacements as the need requires. EXB stuff is NOT all that.
If you are going to replace so much, why not just buy a new Tal EXB? More cost effective if you do the math.
Looks like you want your V1 Tal to become a new EXB one.
You are you focused on all the EXB stuff for upgrades. Look to other brands of upgrades. Just only as needed when certain parts break. Many stock composite plastic parts are fine.
You never mentioned upgrading the Radio and Receiver. Personally that would be the first thing I upgrade, if it is the stocker RTR radio.
Then upgrade the Servo. Which you said you have already. A 35kg servo is perfect for the Talion.
DS3235 is what I use. $34. AMZ. All of my 6s rigs.
You need to consult your V1 Talion manual parts list and compare it to the current EXB version.
That's the exact servo I ordered based on recommendations on here. Also there's only one shop even close to me and it's 30min away. I goto my inlaws in west Virginia a lot and middle of nowhere but tons of room to drive. I like to have spares on hand. The worst thing is breaking something on my first pack of a weekend and being out of commission with nowhere to get parts. And where they live, there's no where within almost a 2 hour drive to get parts.

Last edited:
just keep the one you have skip exb go m2c
Considering that too. A lot more expensive but in the long run probably worth it. Don't wanna get a new EXB since I want to get a new motor and esc anyways, and don't want the ones in the EXB version. Basically gonna end up building my own car by the time it's all done. Sure it'll cost more but to me the enjoyment of building it all myself is worth the cost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back