Question Why Does the 3S Bashers have No Droop Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Just a newbie question...

Why does the Arrma 3S line like the Big Rock, Granite, Senton, etc. not come with droop screws. Is it due to the chassis being plastic? Most important I would think having them would prevent overextending the shock and resulting damage to the shock shafts and/or rod end.

This may also be a non-issue that does not happen but was curious about your thoughts/feedback. My Losi DB Pro did not come with droop screws but had a hole for them. I added them since it extended the rear shock to a full extend but it is also an aluminum chassis.

Still curious why not the added support for the shocks for the 3S line....

I am pretty sure it is because of the plastic chassis. I was thinking about making my own.

Thanks and makes sense on how droop works...curious if there are any ways to protect the socket end when droop is not an option...

Interesting.....

Limiting straps. Run a strap between the arms and tower to stop just a hair before max extension

Love this hobby....learn a new term each day...

I have never heard of limiting straps....ok YouTube here I come to get knowledge

Thx

The 4 TEC 2.0 has droop, but you really can't set much preload on the plastic chassis, it just bends. Since the springs are much shorter than the shocks you set the ride height then pull the slack out of the springs with droop.

I've seen zip ties used as quick limiting straps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back