Kraton Questions about Arrma Kraton v2 (Tuning parts)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white_rabbit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi.
I have an Arrma Kraton v2 from 2016. In the meantime a few teething problems have been fixed and with v3 / 2018 some parts have been replaced / improved. For example, I would like to replace the springs that are too short, but I do not know (even after looking into the exploded view) which springs to take (length / hardness). Who has a good tip?

The second question concerns new tires: The included tires do not have the best grip, I think. I heard from Badlands, Highlander or T-Apollo. But I do not know any details. Who has a good tip here. The parts should of course not immediately fly from the rim at 6S

Last but not least: Do you consider an additional skid plate at the Kraton necessary? I think the bottom plate is already quite stable ...?!? Which MudGuards have proven themselves?

Best regards!

Backflips are good but heavy. Badlands 3.8 have been the best in my opinion but they wear fast, especially if you drive a lot on the street. I've only used RPM mud guards and where you screw them in broke right away.

I have a Kraton V2.5. It’s basically the same truck but it came with a V3 chassis. I use 90mm orange Tekno Springs with 80wt oil in front and 90mm yellow Tekno Springs with 70wt oil in the rear. Some people go with orange in back as I did at first but I found they bounce a little so I changed to yellow. They are excellent springs and keep your ride height where it needs to be.

Another question: Can anybody tell me how to tighten the MudGuards to
Arrma AR330249 Rear lower suspension arms?? There are two holes -- but obviously no
screw thread in it??

The screw should be just a bit larger in diameter. Gonna have to push and get that screw started and you are going to more or less tap the hole with the screw thread. In my experience this is the best way when threading any small hole in plastic because the threads are so fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back