Kraton Questions about shimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Full Throttle R/C

Kraton v4 6s build
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
I'm sorry for a possible rethread but after full inspection of my kraton v4 6s I see lots of play in the suspension and have seen threads about rpm arm's fixing the issues. Also if y'all could give part numbers for shims needed for diffs etc... I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again and if it's already been posted maybe a link? Thanks in advance. Btw.... Pics of what I've done so far. I've got a lot of aftermarket stuff to install which I'm planning on doing this week but want to run her at least once before I completely revamp her??
20190928_184844.jpg
20190928_184757.jpg

I run RPM bumper and skid plates and the plastic is very good. I'm sure the a-arms are good quality and they certainly look great. Are you sure you do not have bent hinge pins?

I run RPM bumper and skid plates and the plastic is very good. I'm sure the a-arms are good quality and they certainly look great. Are you sure you do not have bent hinge pins?
I haven't even ran her yet. It's just a little play side to side. Was just wondering. I'll replace the arms with rpms after I do my first run tomorrow ?thank you for your response ?

The diffs should already be shimmed from the factory...but its good to pop them open for a look anyways. Ive bought new diffs from JRC that were missing shims...so its not always the case.

You can google search "how to bulletproof an arrma 6s diff" and it will provide links to threads in this forum from tp parts that are must watch for what you are asking. I say use google because the search function here requires precise verbiage and is sometimes tough to find exactly what you are looking for.

At any rate, the more you search and read the better you'll learn your rig. Cant wait to see it when you are done with it.

I'd invest my money in a better servo and mount and a better radio. You already got the alu braces i see!
Only if you are a track racer you will notice the difference between a little and no play in the suspension. The stock arms are rock solid.
I did replace all the plastic washers with metal ones and put a bearing on the front upper hingepins. Held up for years now.

About diff shimms: every diff is different and does not always need shimms.

Last edited:
The diffs should already be shimmed from the factory...but its good to pop them open for a look anyways. Ive bought new diffs from JRC that were missing shims...so its not always the case.

You can google search "how to bulletproof an arrma 6s diff" and it will provide links to threads in this forum from tp parts that are must watch for what you are asking. I say use google because the search function here requires precise verbiage and is sometimes tough to find exactly what you are looking for.

At any rate, the more you search and read the better you'll learn your rig. Cant wait to see it when you are done with it.
Thank you ?
I'd invest my money in a better servo and mount and a better radio. You already got the alu braces i see!
Only if you are a track racer you will notice the difference between a little and no play in the suspension. The stock arms are rock solid.
I did replace all the plastic washers with metal ones and put a bearing on the front upper hingepins. Held up for years now.

About diff shimms: every diff is different and does not always need shimms.

I bought the jbitrc stage 1 kit that also comes with a servo mount and also bought a flysky nb4 noble radio system. Looking at servos as well ? thank you brother ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back