Kraton Questions about the Arrma Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hello everyone, I am new to the hobby of rc cars. Barely started doing research a couple days ago. lol

anyways, my questions, hopefully you guys can help me out.

1. in regards to the Arrma kraton is there a version 3 coming out soon?... I seen on their website they have a red and green one for about 500 dollars but not sure if I should buy it or wait if another version is coming out.

2.looking to get a 6s battery, what do you guys recommend?... also, should I buy the battery now and just keep it put away until I buy the car?..

3. there are so many chargers out there, what do you guys recommend that would charge batteries fast?.. budget for this would be around 100-300 bucks.

again, sorry if you guys hear this all the time, but this hobby looks like lots of fun and im just starting out.

thank you all

Hello I'm very new to the hobby to yes there is a v3 I have one on order I started a thread below on charges which will defo help. I don't see it being a problem in buy a lipo before if your going for a kraton in runs on 4s and 6s. I'm getting all the bits I need before the Kraton arrives charger batteries tools etc. Hope that helps

Hello I'm very new to the hobby to yes there is a v3 I have one on order I started a thread below on charges which will defo help. I don't see it being a problem in buy a lipo before if your going for a kraton in runs on 4s and 6s. I'm getting all the bits I need before the Kraton arrives charger batteries tools etc. Hope that helps
By the way the kraton is v3 blx 2018

hello everyone, I am new to the hobby of rc cars. Barely started doing research a couple days ago. lol

anyways, my questions, hopefully you guys can help me out.

1. in regards to the Arrma kraton is there a version 3 coming out soon?... I seen on their website they have a red and green one for about 500 dollars but not sure if I should buy it or wait if another version is coming out.

2.looking to get a 6s battery, what do you guys recommend?... also, should I buy the battery now and just keep it put away until I buy the car?..

3. there are so many chargers out there, what do you guys recommend that would charge batteries fast?.. budget for this would be around 100-300 bucks.

again, sorry if you guys hear this all the time, but this hobby looks like lots of fun and im just starting out.

thank you all
Welcome to the forum and the world of RC!

1. Version 3/2018 model just came out a month or two ago.
2. https://arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-lipo-of-choice.218/
3. https://arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/ or https://arrmaforum.com/threads/chargers-what-should-i-buy.5692/page-3#post-55202
I hope you find the answers that you are looking for.

thanks for your replies guys and the links ....

but super noob question, on the arrma site for the kraton, they have a red and green kraton 6s blx for $500, would that be the v3 or v2 version? and why are they back ordered =(

I recommend the SMC Batterys, keeping in mind that 6s for starting out might be crazy. 4s will blow your mind and take a while for you to control is my guess.

https://www.smc-racing.net

I'e Also had good luck with cheap flouerons frokm Amazon, although the SMC ones definitely last a little long and have more pop.

Have fun with the hobby.

I found a v3 Kraton on Amazon. Came from hobby-sports.com. Back east I believe. Brand new but took its sweet time shipping to AK. Anyway might try that over waiting for it to be restocked at arrma. Cost was comparable. I went with a maxamp 6s and a Hitech x2 ac pro for a charger and bought a handful of tools at lhs. First run yesterday - 12 degrees. Snow/ice. Completely awesome.

I found a v3 Kraton on Amazon. Came from hobby-sports.com. Back east I believe. Brand new but took its sweet time shipping to AK. Anyway might try that over waiting for it to be restocked at arrma. Cost was comparable. I went with a maxamp 6s and a Hitech x2 ac pro for a charger and bought a handful of tools at lhs. First run yesterday - 12 degrees. Snow/ice. Completely awesome.
Dude jealous of the snow and ice terrain, here in Cali we don’t have that lol

Dude jealous of the snow and ice terrain, here in Cali we don’t have that lol

What's up Neighbor? You could always drive up to Arrowhead or Big Bear. I just feel like I'd shatter all my plastic parts driving in the snow and cold weather. Maybe a snow covered parking lot, but I can't see me bashing in the snow. Besides, too many clothes to put on in order to go out in the snow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back