Talion Questions: Backflip LP 4s tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit I haven't really checked the diffs at all on any of my rigs yet since I've bought them. Besides the front one on the kraton and thats only because the outer drive cup broke and I was forced to man up and finally open a diff hahaha. I filled it with 40k I think and it was empty too. I plan on buying 500k and adding that to the center. Hopefully it helps =D
I run 60/1m/30 hahahaha def makes it want to do standing backflips when i get on it. I run hobbystar 4092's with a max6 as well.

I will admit I haven't really checked the diffs at all on any of my rigs yet since I've bought them. Besides the front one on the kraton and thats only because the outer drive cup broke and I was forced to man up and finally open a diff hahaha. I filled it with 40k I think and it was empty too. I plan on buying 500k and adding that to the center. Hopefully it helps =D

I cannot seem to stop opening the diffs to change the fluid every couple packs, I have a problem :rolleyes:

Tend to diff out a lot more with the lighter fluids, but you get a lot better turning. Heavy weights seem to give a lot more straight line acceleration, but you can't seem to steer as quickly. It's a bit of a balance. I'm completely lost, because I keep changing up the geometry and have to start over again - don't do that.

I recently checked the three diffs on my Kraton 6s and found the front was half full, the rear was one third full, and the center was about half full. I changed the center to 300k, the front to 20k, and left the rear at 10k but filled it properly. This is my first go around, and I might increase the front and rear later on. So far, what I’ve done has made a big difference in performance.

20K-30k at the rear diff will be good also. Generally, I keep my front diff aprox. double the CST of the rear diff. For all my 6s Off road rigs. And always 300k-500k center. Little to no diffing out in this way.
My TLRT running 4s I have yet to experiment with changing from stock weights. But I top off and shim out the box. Factory never fills them. Ruined too many diffs in the beginning by not opening them up first out the box. Diffs should last about 15 -20 packs between maintenance. (inspected, cleaned and fresh oil fill)
Neglect them and you will need new gears at a minimum when they do brick. Worse case the center diff will even melt from heat ( from low or very thin oil) It will be completely bricked, needing a whole new one.
Been there.

Last edited:
I run the Backflip LP 4s tires on my Max6/4985 Talion w/ 22/46 gearing. Fantastic tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back