Limitless Questions for a long road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I found a new, safe road that is very long and I also installed a radio booster. I can probably push it to ~3000 feet (one way) if necessary.

Is it true that being on throttle longer is always better or are there diminishing returns? Do downsides like heat or battery strain outweigh the benefits?

Also, should I set perfect pass to maximum delay now that I’ll still have plenty of time at full power?

Thanks!

Congrats on finding a road! That is not small thing at all... It took me 4 years to find a decent road.

There is a balance point that you will need to find between the time to reach 100% and how far down the road the car will go because of that.
It is highly dependent on how fast you are going. If you are going 100 mph then a 10 second pull wont hurt anything. At 170 it would be so far away that you cant see the car.

Personally I liked the 7-8 second range for speeds in the 120-150 range, which is likely where you will start.

I'd say forget everything going on in your head and just go run it as fast as it goes. You might find something that works better for you in different order.

Keeping it planted and going perfectly straight would be my focus.
Thanks. I’ve been running this car for a while now. It is planted and tracks straight. Now I’m just trying to squeeze more speed out of it.

Thanks. I’ve been running this car for a while now. It is planted and tracks straight. Now I’m just trying to squeeze more speed out of it.
If you want to PM me a screen shot of the last clean run I can analyze it for you.

Congrats on finding a road! That is not small thing at all... It took me 4 years to find a decent road.

There is a balance point that you will need to find between the time to reach 100% and how far down the road the car will go because of that.
It is highly dependent on how fast you are going. If you are going 100 mph then a 10 second pull wont hurt anything. At 170 it would be so far away that you cant see the car.

Personally I liked the 7-8 second range for speeds in the 120-150 range, which is likely where you will start.
Thanks man. I found ~20 potential new roads perusing google maps and visited them all. This one is near perfect - dead end and zero traffic on the weekends. Over a mile long with perfect visibility. The only downside is that the pavement isn’t new.

I’m still running 4S with an open wheel limitless V1. My current PB is 117mph but I’m slowly gearing up. It definitely has more speed potential.

If you want to PM me a screen shot of the last clean run I can analyze it for you.
Thanks, I will!

Thanks man. I found ~20 potential new roads perusing google maps and visited them all. This one is near perfect - dead end and zero traffic on the weekends. Over a mile long with perfect visibility. The only downside is that the pavement isn’t new.

I’m still running 4S with an open wheel limitless V1. My current PB is 117mph but I’m slowly gearing up. It definitely has more speed potential.

Thanks, I will!

Sounds like the ideal road.

4s has big potential. I had been 146 mph with 16 Ah (2x 8000 mAh Onyx Mccoy batteries in parallel) VTE2 FC100 body.
It had more in it. I expect it could have gone in the 150s but never had the change to try. We moved and I don't have that RC car or road anymore.

4 years :oops: I would have given up after a few days pal

4 years :oops: I would have given up after a few days pal
I should say an acceptable road for speeds over 100.
In the interim I did other things to have fun like getting an XMAXX up to high speeds relative to its size. It could tolerate rough roads much better than a high speed car can.

Bad when you get old. If I wanted to do speed runs, my eyes would not work with me to get enough distance with the best radio & road :LOL:
Ditto. Even with my glasses, I don't turn the car around much more than maybe 600' away from me to start my little runs, a far cry from the 600m range of my transmitter.

We use the mall parking lot at the crack of dawn. If you get squirrely there's nothing to hit but light posts and they're spaced pretty far apart.

Bad when you get old. If I wanted to do speed runs, my eyes would not work with me to get enough distance with the best radio & road :LOL:
Thats one of the reasons I do speed runs night, I'm older and can't see very well but at night with good lighting on the car I can see it MUCH better than daytime!👀👍

Back