Typhon Questions on Diff Lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Dunn

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good morning. Have a new Typhon 6s V5 and have heard I should be checking the diffs for having been filled properly. A little confused regarding the recommended different weights of lube. Looking for some advice.
Also what about the shocks? Should I be doing something there?
Recommendations on fluid?
Thanks

I run a center locked spool but many recommend 200k-500k in the middle diff. For the front maybe 50-60k and the rear half the weight of the front. 30k.

From that point just play with weights till your car behaves in a way you like. There is no right or wrong answer really.

Also shimming the diffs to reduce slop with the input gear may be needed or help but don't shim it too tight so it binds. There is a lot of info on this forum and YouTube about this.

On my kraton 6s I have a similar fluid setup and it handles like a house fly. Really awesome.

Good luck! 🤙

I find Arrma to be pretty good about providing technical information about their vehicles. Go to each vehicle's "Giga Site", scroll down to the "Specifications" section and click on the "Detailed Specs" tab to see the stock shock oil and diff oil weights.

For the 6S Typhon:
Shocks: Silicone, 550 cST
Diffs: Silicone: Front: 7k, Center: 10k, Rear: 7k

Obviously, you're free to change these up to tune the vehicle to your liking. Good luck finding diff and shock oil in a specific weight these days, everything seems to be out of stock (mostly diff oil).

I'd recommend going heavier than 10K for the centre diff. 100K is what I landed on and it improves the handling of the car significantly. I've used 10K front and 7K rear as that's all I had on hand and it actually works well.

Shocks you'll be able to tell if they're empty or leaking. If they're empty they will feel too springy and if leaking you'll see / feel the oil buildup. So if the shocks look and feel okay I wouldn't touch them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back