Questions on Spektrum G2 Batteries with S1100 charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrLimey

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am using an S1100 Spektrum charger, which came updated to be G2 compatible from new, with 2s 5000mah 50c G2 batteries.

I can see individual cell voltages, but not individual cell resistances (they are all just 0.00). Does anyone know if this is normal? Maybe it’s a limitation of the 1 wire communication system vs a balance lead.

The charger is also reporting several over discharge faults for both batteries. Does anyone know what the voltage threshold is that triggers an over discharge fault?

My son ran the batteries to LVC in our Granite 3S BLX with the BLX 100 esc. I think he managed to get the cells down to just below 3.2v per cell somehow. Which is a bit worrying in itself as the BLX100 specs say LVC is 3.4 v/ cell 🤷‍♂️ I was not paying full attention either time and he said that he kept driving it in limp mode, until it stopped altogether, and the esc started beeping. And there is no reference to beeping in the BLX100 manual I can find. Has anyone else experienced that?

Many thanks!

Here save this!!
Also, at what amp are u charging that 2s!?
Screenshot_20220711-105347_Drive.jpg

Don't drive in limp mode, it's a quick way to destroy the lipos or a sure way to significantly reduce their capacity.

Are you looking at the resistance when charging? Would only be displayed in charging mode on any charger.

Thankyou! I am charging them at 1C (5 amps) which is what the Spektrum smart charger defaults too. I know slower is better, but I keep them at storage and then cant convince an impatient 5 year old to wait any longer than necessary for the battery to fully charge and for him to get driving :LOL:
Don't drive in limp mode, it's a quick way to destroy the lipos or a sure way to significantly reduce their capacity.

Are you looking at the resistance when charging? Would only be displayed in charging mode on any charger.
Thanks and absolutely. I told him that as soon as it starts going slow, he needs to stop. We will see if he remembers; he likes to drive it slowly in our small back yard whilst I am doing yard work, and in these cases I just let him use a battery with only storage charge in it. So it can be difficult for him to realize he has lost throttle. I just need to be more aware of where the battery charge likely is at and check in with him.

I have tried accessing the resistance whilst both charging and discharging. The stats are just blank (0.00). Its the same with both batteries, and I did 'update' the batteries with the charger which presumably just 'flashes' whatever the most current battery software the charger firmware contains and the charger is running the most current OS (firmware) that the S1100 product pages shows.

Last edited:
For posterities sake, I figured this out: For some reason the charger does not display cell resistance when storage charging or discharging. It does display cell resistance when charging regularly though. You just have to navigate to the resistance screen, and wait a while, while it calculates/ approximates the resistance. Unlike a pack with a balance lead, I guess it has to do some calculations or retrieve some data from the battery vs having direct access to the individual cells. Its accuracy is also diminished from what you would get with a balance lead because it jumps around all over the place.

I believe that is standard on every charger, you only get IR during the 'Charge' mode and not in any other mode.
Typical sequence is that it takes ~1 min for the values to show when in charge mode.
From what I recall there is an AC signal sent out to evaluate that value and this 'algorithm' is identical on all chargers.
Don't hold me to it, never looked too deeply into this, as there is no official documentation that I could find.
For sure, all manufacturers are copying each other or buy from the same source, just the packaging and pricing differs.

I believe that is standard on every charger, you only get IR during the 'Charge' mode and not in any other mode.
Typical sequence is that it takes ~1 min for the values to show when in charge mode.
From what I recall there is an AC signal sent out to evaluate that value and this 'algorithm' is identical on all chargers.
Don't hold me to it, never looked too deeply into this, as there is no official documentation that I could find.
For sure, all manufacturers are copying each other or buy from the same source, just the packaging and pricing differs.
That is great to know. Thanks for replying with that info I appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back