Kraton Questions on the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwilkey

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a blue Kraton on order from Towers. I should get it next mid week. I read they are coming out with a better ESC. I think it's a BLX 185, hope I named it correctly. My question does any one know anything about it? I assume it handles more current. I'm asking because I read here yesterday on the forum about it and told my self that's my luck, I order a Kraton and not even a month after I get mine it will come with a updated ESC. Not a big deal I was just wondering if anybody knows more about it. Sorry for such a long thread that has very little info.

Nothing has been released about the ESC, only that is a 185 ESC, if yours have some problem just call arrma and ask them to replace it for the new one.

Nothing has been released about the ESC, only that is a 185 ESC, if yours have some problem just call Arrma and ask them to replace it for the new one.
OK thanks. One other question! I read that along with the new ESC there might be a updated Kraton, I do not know if there is any truth to that I was curious. Thanks for the info mrbelloso

Here's my personal experience with the electronics on the Kraton.
I first Burnt out my ESC running a stock 12t pinion (under geared) doing some small jumps, I sent my ESC to arrma, 2 weeks later, I got an updated one, decent service I may add. Just yesterday I burnt out the new esc again after a week. From my personal experience it seems that the updated ESC didn't make a difference.

The updated ESC you got... is it just the "fix" they came out with on their ESC's about mid last year or so, or is it the new BLX185 (labeled as such)? I don't think they will release the BLX185 until they sell out of their current ESC and Truck inventory. The current ESC is discontinued at Tower and the replacement is still pending. I've been waiting to pick up a Kraton or Talion until the fix, or more info.

The updated ESC you got... is it just the "fix" they came out with on their ESC's about mid last year or so, or is it the new BLX185 (labeled as such)? I don't think they will release the BLX185 until they sell out of their current ESC and Truck inventory. The current ESC is discontinued at Tower and the replacement is still pending. I've been waiting to pick up a Kraton or Talion until the fix, or more info.
I am at work I the truck came in last night, I pulled it out of the box looked at it quick then set it on the counter. I didn't take the body off to look at the ESC. When I get off work I will check it out then post to this thread. It probably is the 180, you would think the box would have the updated ESC advertised on it and my box didn't. I will let you know.

I
I am at work I the truck came in last night, I pulled it out of the box looked at it quick then set it on the counter. I didn't take the body off to look at the ESC. When I get off work I will check it out then post to this thread. It probably is the 180, you would think the box would have the updated ESC advertised on it and my box didn't. I will let you know.
F mine is the updated BLX180 I will run it tell it blows then put a Castle system in it.

I bought the Kraton on October 6th 2015. Back in late October 2015 the stock ESC burnt out, I replaced it with a hobbywing 150amp ESC from my team associated rc8t.
Since I live by a lake, I had a crash with the vehicle and lost it in the lake for 28 days! (No joke!) After a near month of trying to get it back, we finally succeeded, All electronics were working except the hobbywing ESC.

After we got the vehicle back, we sent in the old ESC, The BLX 180 to Arrma. Arrma said they will send me the new updated ESC, the BLX 185 (the one you speak of) I knew the ESC was a different model because of a BLACK decal across the side of the ESC, the old BLX 180 ESC had a RED decal across the side.The new ESC also had a protected terminal (the old ESC did not)
The new ESC came in December 27th 2015. Now we had a few problems with the car, probably because of it sitting in the lake that long! The first problem was the the dogbone head, it chipped away, on the first run.
We didn't have any time to repair it, because of vacation. When I came back I finally got to run the car, but another problem occurred: the differential gear, we laid that off until February 24th 2016.

Okay now back to the new BLX 185 ESC, after driving it only 5 times, I was getting problems, I had to recalibrate it 3 times. And just 2 days ago ago the new updated BLX 185 ESC burnt out again after a week worth of use.

My point is, the new improved ESC didn't work out for me. But who knows maybe your ESC might work out better than mine.

I bought the Kraton on October 6th 2015. Back in late October 2015 the stock ESC burnt out, I replaced it with a hobbywing 150amp ESC from my team associated rc8t.
Since I live by a lake, I had a crash with the vehicle and lost it in the lake for 28 days! (No joke!) After a near month of trying to get it back, we finally succeeded, All electronics were working except the hobbywing ESC.

After we got the vehicle back, we sent in the old ESC, The BLX 180 to Arrma. Arrma said they will send me the new updated ESC, the BLX 185 (the one you speak of) I knew the ESC was a different model because of a BLACK decal across the side of the ESC, the old BLX 180 ESC had a RED decal across the side.The new ESC also had a protected terminal (the old ESC did not)
The new ESC came in December 27th 2015. Now we had a few problems with the car, probably because of it sitting in the lake that long! The first problem was the the dogbone head, it chipped away, on the first run.
We didn't have any time to repair it, because of vacation. When I came back I finally got to run the car, but another problem occurred: the differential gear, we laid that off until February 24th 2016.

Okay now back to the new BLX 185 ESC, after driving it only 5 times, I was getting problems, I had to recalibrate it 3 times. And just 2 days ago ago the new updated BLX 185 ESC burnt out again after a week worth of use.

My point is, the new improved ESC didn't work out for me. But who knows maybe your ESC might work out better than mine.
Well I might have the new 185 if you received one earlier! Either way I will go with a Castle system if I have trouble with the ESC. Thank you for the information. It is to bad they can't build a good proven system.

Attachments

• 1457070548912152727548.jpg
    1457070548912152727548.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 51
That is the updated BLX 180, see the black decal across it, the old one BLX 180 had a red decal.
I had the updated BLX 180 on my Kraton because all Arrma Kratons build after August 2015 are updated.
But Arrma's newest 1/8th scale ESC, the BLX 185 is what they sent me, they said it would be better but it turned out worse.

That is the updated BLX 180, see the black decal across it, the old one BLX 180 had a red decal.
I had the updated BLX 180 on my Kraton because all Arrma Kratons build after August 2015 are updated.
But Arrma's newest 1/8th scale ESC, the BLX 185 is what they sent me, they said it would be better but it turned out worse.
OK thanks for the information. I will keep any bad or good feedback on here of what my updated BLX 180 DOES. THANKS AGAIN.

I just got my talion last monday the 1st or this month
It came with the old blx esc 180
I emailed them if i can just send it back to them unused since i have heard so much mishaps with the esc
They replied its not out yet it'll be late this month
According to their email to me
So i asked them again if i can just take out my stock esc and send it back to them
No replies yet

I take care of all my rc's i don't want to end up with a burnt rc
So i ordered a hobbywing motor combo max8

I did not wait for something to happen with mine. Drove it twice for a total of 5 minutes, pulled the system, installed a Leopard system and sold the BLX.

I did not wait for something to happen with mine. Drove it twice for a total of 5 minutes, pulled the system, installed a Leopard system and sold the BLX.
Hey ARRMAgeddon and Kringlekrush I think I am going to buy a CASTLE system today and sell the BLX system. I don't want to deal with the issue. I have 4 CASTLE systems now and they work awesome. No issues. Thanks for the feedback.

Can't go wrong with Castle, I've had several castle systems with no issues. I went with a Leopard system because it was more powerful and cheaper than the Mamba Monster

Can't go wrong with Castle, I've had several castle systems with no issues. I went with a Leopard system because it was more powerful and cheaper than the Mamba Monster
What leopard system did you buy, what KV motor gearing etc! I will check it out before I buy. Thanks Kringlekrush!

I went with the Leopard 4282 motor and the 150 Pro ESC. It was $200 for the system through www.kershawdesigns.com. It's waterproof and fits perfectly. I went with a 16t pinion as well.

I'd highly recommend Kershaw, I'm lucky enough to live close enough to his shop but he ships world wide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back