Quick Nero Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea, one thing you may or may not have already figured out if you want to take the bottom skid plate off you need a set of long shaft hex drivers. Some thing like this Tunigy Set. The reason is that you have to put the shaft all the way through the battery tray to get to some of the screws. Fortunately, Arrma did think about this in there design and put extra holes in the bottom of the battery trays, but if all you have is a standard driver and hex bits you won't be able to get to some of the screws.

I haven't tried to pull the bottom skid yet. Thanks for the heads up. Im thinking i need to get a nice set of long t handles just to make it easy.

Guys i just need a quick opinion. I just purchased a Nero from tower yesterday afternoon. The order is placed but not fully processed. Due to the holiday weekend i do have some time to change the order. I just realized two things. One the big rock has all the heavy duty u joints and shock shafts and two the cost of upgrading to those parts later on. Is this a concern? Or will my nero be fine? I bash hard an am not the best driver so most my jump landings are in peril lol. The only thing I've really seen anyone complain about has been the stock shock mounting location out of the box and the stock rod ends being weak, nothing about the u joints or axles being weak in the nero.

I do like the look of the nero over the big rock, But if the axles and joints are going to cost me 100's later to replace ill change the order and spend the extra 60 upfront.

I bought a big rock about 7 months ago .i would just go the extra money it's really worth it is super tough and I'm pretty hard on my rc's I almost got the original Nero for the looks also. I have only broke a few parts first was the servo and rear body mounts,their a bad design unless u never crash but the mounts are pretty cheap. Definitely change servo. I went with a savox 405 oz torque haven't had any problems. I did bend one of the wheel axles somehow .the only other thing is it's a little difficult to work on .i still love the truck and think it is the best value out there for toughness versetility and speed 4 out of 5

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back