Kraton Quick question about my center driveshafts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backpiece84

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm redoing the fluid in my diffs on my K6S and I'm wondering g if the play in diff cups is normal, thanks for the help guys.

No,a very little play is normal,usually to much an dogbone and cup will start wearing bad quik.serch button top right screen an there's lots of previous threads on subject that go into depth NV0on shimming diffs.if you still can't find answers be glad to help.

@Backpiece84, The title of you thread refers to your Center driveshafts??
Where exactly do you see the play/slop that you are referring to? Input cup at the front rear and center? Where your Center drives shafts attach? Dog bone pins. Or play at the input/output cups themselves within the diffs? Because here are differing ways to get rid of this slop depending where you are focused.
A quick picture can also help.

@Backpiece84, The title of you thread refers to your Center driveshafts??
Where exactly do you see the play/slop that you are referring to? Input cup at the front rear and center? Where your Center drives shafts attach? Dog bone pins. Or play at the input/output cups themselves within the diffs? Because here are differing ways to get rid of this slop depending where you are focused.
A quick picture can
Sorry for some reason it won't let me post a video or pic, but the play is in the Differential outdrive cups that connect the center driveshafts

Is it side play,(rocking back and forth or rotating play? If its rotating play, usually its the Sun gear pins that are sloppy from being worn ( sometimes even new pins are sloppy) or the Outdrive Cup's pin hole is worn and elongated. If its rocking play, the outdrive cups shaft or the carrier shaft is worn or the shim above the O-ring is worn out. There are many areas that wear can cause slop. You can drive as is. Sometimes that play is good enough. And won't be perfect all the time. 🤷‍♂️
I hope that was your question.

Diffs are tough to diagnose cause so many different things can go,be wrong.took me alot of cussing,researching,ut videos.theres alot of opinions on bulletproofing them.my opinion is everything setup is different, every particular diff is different,housing, weight of rig ,tire size power level,fluid thickness,driving style all come into play.seams like every diff gets shimmed an put together differently than the next.all I can say is tight,smooth operation,least amount of play everywhere yet operate smoothly.an tighten each screw a turn ,check 4 smooth operation,turn,check,turn,check,till everything is tightened and still smooth.don't overtighten.research,research,research,read comments,search threads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back