Granite Quick question is about my granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My senton mega blx has a little play but my bearing never moved forward and backwards with the slipper shaft

Is there supposed to be a shim in that assembly? I guess I should have said that the front bearing on the shaft on my last run came out nearly seized. it was 130' and the motor was at 150' and I'm trying to figure out if it was the bad bearing that caused my motor to get that hot or something else

Last edited:
Idk I thought about it cause my had a little more play than did when I first got it

I got my stuff sent out rn had some problems lol thought about also changing all bearings to stainless steel ceramic hybrid bearings

Attachments

• IMG_20181216_152236366.jpg
    IMG_20181216_152236366.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20181216_150330005.jpg
    IMG_20181216_150330005.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 40
Yeah lol but pretty sure a shim wouldn't be a bad idea maybe why mine is that way defective thoughts when there building them ??

Depending what ur talking about motor bearing I noticed it was making a a weird noise and my motor shafted had a alot of play then next thing I know bam spur gear shredded and bearing was shot but got it shipped out for warranty but thought about stainless steel ceramic hybrid bearings all the way threw eventually

Depending what ur talking about motor bearing I noticed it was making a a weird noise and my motor shafted had a alot of play then next thing I know bam spur gear shredded and bearing was shot but got it shipped out for warranty but thought about stainless steel ceramic hybrid bearings all the way threw eventually
Wheel bearings. Yeah the loud sound when you accelerate, now I may have that problem soon

On mine the bearing leaved burn marks on the shaft. Also the bearing was brown.

Avid slip RC bearing oil is amazing I use every two or three run full days of running if I have time

Guys, guys, guys. Why are looking for the boogeyman? To the OP. YES there is back and forth play on the slipper shaft. I just pulled my motor assembly and checked. I’ve been running my Granite hard from day one and it’s fine. There’s no shim and one isn’t needed. I’m not sure what @Dirtnasty92 is referring to with his Mega BLX in post#2 (what’s a Mega BLX??). The stock bearings in ANY RTR are junk and should be replaced. I replaced mine before I even ran it. As far as your motor heat, a bad bearing on the slipper assembly would definitely cause that. Get new sealed bearings from a quality manufacturer. You don’t need ceramic bearings.

Senton 4×4 blx ? more specific I need to be they pretty much same set up right what is ur opinion on sealed bearing who's a good manufacturer here alot about fast Eddie's I think it is

Senton 4×4 blx ? more specific I need to be they pretty much same set up right what is ur opinion on sealed bearing who's a good manufacturer here alot about fast Eddie's I think it is
I use Fast Eddy’s but there are other manufactures like Avid. I use rubber sealed and never have had a problem. I don’t maintain them in between runs unless I have the out for another reason. I replace them when they feel gritty. It’s worked for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back