Quit Smoking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Did I mention that I quit smoking? Just wanted to post this since it's something you need to overcome and is a difficult thing to accomplish. I started vaping shortly after because I still have that urge, and since i'm going "cold turkey" it helps. I quit years ago when my Daughter was born then started again after 12 years! Divorce will do that to you... Anyone else here give up a bad habit they want to share?

I quit smoking a long, long time ago. Stick with it. Kick the vaping as soon as you feel that you can. No sense replacing one unhealthy vice with another, right? I know its not easy, nicotine is so darn addictive, but once you're away from it you'll feel so much better.

The first time I quit was easier, which is why I started vaping. I honestly don't want to go back.

I guess it was about Oct of 2008 and my then three year old daughter saw me smoking out in the garage and she had that look like "what is that"? I decided then and there that by New Years I was done. I gave myself a few months to enjoy it some more and had my last one on New Year's Eve. Not another since, and wish I had never had the first!
Good luck. In this case quitting is a good thing!!!

I guess it was about Oct of 2008 and my then three year old daughter saw me smoking out in the garage and she had that look like "what is that"? I decided then and there that by New Years I was done. I gave myself a few months to enjoy it some more and had my last one on New Year's Eve. Not another since, and wish I had never had the first!
Good luck. In this case quitting is a good thing!!!
Nice Rdub, Sounds like she got you right in the Heart with that look... When it comes down to it the Kids play a BIG role in our choices, as we want to set a good example. Neither of my older Children smoke or ever have. My youngest has some years to go before I need to start worrying about it.

Quit smoking about 6 years ago after 15 years of smoking. I was at 2-2 1/2 packs a day. My fingers were stained yellow at times. I used the patch. One of the hardest things I've ever done. I don't use vapes or any other nicotine substance. I know how hard it is. Good job guys!

Quit smoking about 6 years ago after 15 years of smoking. I was at 2-2 1/2 packs a day. My fingers were stained yellow at times. I used the patch. One of the hardest things I've ever done. I don't use vapes or any other nicotine substance. I know how hard it is. Good job guys!
Awesome Hye, glad you kicked it's butt!!! I was only smoking about a pack a day give or take a few cigarettes depending on the level of stress I encountered during my work day... working a weird schedule for years...

I did some meth and finally quit cold turkey, watching lots of old cowboy movies and reading books from Dollar Tree...

jk

One day at a time, don't feel bad if you fall from the wagon, just jump back in and stay strong.

Thanks crank and WoodiE, I do feel better and I do cheat now and then. Just enough to remind me how much I hated it. It's been several weeks now and food is starting to taste better. Now lets hope I don't get hooked on donuts!!! LOL
My Truck is also starting to smell new again which is a plus.

Smoked for 30yrs, then stated Vaping for 3yrs, just quit that in January 20th with the help of Chanix, thank god for those pills...they work. Haven't taking a pill for over a month now...I'm officially nicotine free.

I just started quit smoking
A lil over a month now
I don't vape
Im not addicted to the nicotine lol
Im addicted to the menthol
So i use vicks inhaler from time to time
Ita kind of like smoking menthol

I just started quit smoking
A lil over a month now
I don't vape
Im not addicted to the nicotine lol
Im addicted to the menthol
So i use vicks inhaler from time to time
Ita kind of like smoking menthol
Smoked for 30yrs, then stated Vaping for 3yrs, just quit that in January 20th with the help of Chanix, thank god for those pills...they work. Haven't taking a pill for over a month now...I'm officially nicotine free.
That's awesome guys, I know it's hard to do with patches and pills, but Im trying to do it on my own...That's why I vape. I did it before so I can do it again!!!

I admit, I was one of those guys who believed all the stuff they told us in grammar school about smoking. Plus Mom smoked and us kids hated it, the stench, the mess, being locked up in a car with a chimney, clothes stunk from it.
I was glad at work when they instituted the policy where smokers had to pay higher premiums. Why not, they cost more to insure. Like car insurance, get in wrecks, pay more. Since then, they still charge the higher premiums, have banned smoking completely from the property, including when a person is in their car on company property. It's simple they said; "Quit". Your job or the company. Your choice."

To make it worst all those chronic smokers suck up on medical insurance.
Then its a waste of time, money and resources just because someone had bad judgement call or whatever reason, and now others have to save them from imminent death, or minimize their suffering.
Smokers should pay it out of pocket and there should not be any medical coverage if using public insurance.

I admit, I was one of those guys who believed all the stuff they told us in grammar school about smoking. Plus Mom smoked and us kids hated it, the stench, the mess, being locked up in a car with a chimney, clothes stunk from it.
I was glad at work when they instituted the policy where smokers had to pay higher premiums. Why not, they cost more to insure. Like car insurance, get in wrecks, pay more. Since then, they still charge the higher premiums, have banned smoking completely from the property, including when a person is in their car on company property. It's simple they said; "Quit". Your job or the company. Your choice."
Im waiting for ALL Companies to ban smoking on campus.

To all who have severed the ball and chain of the nicotine addiction; my heartiest of congratulations!
It's a tough thing to do.
The tobacco companies made it difficult through genetic manipulations of the plant that took the nicotine content to highs never known before.
I can't imagine any of you feel worse when you wake every AM, I'm positive you feel much better.
My Mom died of pancreatic cancer, unrelated to smoking.
She tried for decades to quit and could not.
But when she received her fatal C-diagnosis, Pop said she came home that day, looked at the cigarettes and said "this is stupid!"
She tossed them out, cold turkey and moved on till the cancer took her life 10 months later.
In the mean time, after 40+ years of smoking, her lungs,amazingly cleared up in 2 months!
Sorry for the long lead in; but to those who have quit, I hope you find her recovery to be a pat on the back and encouraging.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back