Mojave R. Dog bones auto eject!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Broke a RDiff cup tonight🥲. Both r shafts run very close do falling out of cups. I have set my droop. Almost like the bones should be 5mm longer. Anyone else have this problem? It’s an exb and about 2 weeks old. When I got it went through it with the exception of r diff. Wanted to get a couple packs through it before I shim it and find out if it’s a LSD.

You can try running a little piece of surgical tubing pushed into the diff cup and one in the axle to keep them centered. Sometimes just an o ring in each is enough. You still want a little play thru the whole motion of travel.

I run CVDs in the rear for this reason. I can’t stand dogbones. All my 6S rigs get CVDs in the rear to match the fronts.
I've done the exact samething with my vehicles, I don't understand why arrma doesn't just add the cvd's in the first place.
I go on ebay and got them real cheap as new take offs, than buying them through lhs or online hs.

I've done the exact samething with my vehicles, I don't understand why arrma doesn't just add the cvd's in the first place.
I go on ebay and got them real cheap as new take offs, than buying them through lhs or online hs.
Yep! I sometimes just buy the kit from Jennys and then I have spare center shafts too.

I use GPM front cvd's on the rear of both of my EXBs. Fronts are 2mm longer than the rears... you may have to remove the rubber inserts to do this. I also use the m2c drive cups, which seem to hold up better so far, and I will add an extra smaller shim under the drive cup pin if I see too much movement in the drive cup...I started thinking that when the hole in the drive cup gets worn and allows the pin to move more, it allows the cup to move up/down/around which seems like it could contribute to the drive shafts popping out.

This is my first exb. Unfortunately my drive cups don’t fit the exb diffs.
Parts on order. I think I will be using prongs and hose until Cvd are back in stock

Zero issues with my rears. Fronts come out every other send. Lol.

I'll be trying to remove the washer between the ball and the arm next

I was thinking to use the f. Cvds in the rear of the Mojave. I just got a set from Jrc
I was thinking to use the f. Cvds in the rear of the Mojave. I just got a set from Jrc
Unfortunately I’m waiting for a r.diff gasket

Zero issues with my rears. Fronts come out every other send. Lol.

I'll be trying to remove the washer between the ball and the arm next

This was the solution to my front driveshafts popping out in my Kraton. The small 1-2mm washer between the A-arm and steering block should be removed on the top and bottom arm. This stopped my driveshafts popping out immediately.

I did the same in the front of my Kraton. This is the rear of the Mojave.

I had the same issue on mine, swapped in a set of CVDs from GPM
Hi sir, about to fix this with the CVD swap too. Were you happy with the GPM quality? It is pretty cheap. Thank you for your time and answer!

You can try running a little piece of surgical tubing pushed into the diff cup and one in the axle to keep them centered. Sometimes just an o ring in each is enough. You still want a little play thru the whole motion of travel.
old post.....
But these Rear EXB Outdrive Inserts are included standard with EXB rigs last I heard. Better fitting than tubing or rubber fuel line. These index well into the outdrive cups. If you have an EXB rig they are already there.
I use them on most all my 6s rigs.
However many of my rigs I just go with Front CVD setups at the Rear as @jondilly1974 stated above.
Also if they keep popping out, you can also shorten the rear wheelbase with the hub spacing a bit. There are spacers there to alter wheelbase at the hubs by a few MM. This will keep the bones captive better. This worked for me. Proper Droop also helps as well as firmer springs with better damping ( thicker oil) You can also lay down the rear shocks. This impacts/changes the droop as well. An overworked rear shock and suspension setup can contribute to bones popping easily. Especially when yu have a very heavy rig, 8s gear and slammed with much alloy stuff.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/diff-outdrive-insert/ARA311028.html

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back