Mojave R. Dog bones auto eject!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old post.....
But these Rear EXB Outdrive Inserts are included standard with EXB rigs last I heard. Better fitting than tubing or rubber fuel line. These index well into the outdrive cups. If you have an EXB rig they are already there.
I use them on most all my 6s rigs.
However many of my rigs I just go with Front CVD setups at the Rear as @jondilly1974 stated above.
Also if they keep popping out, you can also shorten the rear wheelbase with the hub spacing a bit. There are spacers there to alter wheelbase at the hubs by a few MM. This will keep the bones captive better. This worked for me. Proper Droop also helps as well as firmer springs with better damping ( thicker oil) You can also lay down the rear shocks. This impacts/changes the droop as well. An overworked rear shock and suspension setup can contribute to bones popping easily. Especially when yu have a very heavy rig, 8s gear and slammed with much alloy stuff.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/diff-outdrive-insert/ARA311028.html
Interesting. Just checked the parts list and my Talion EXB should have them installed but they did not come with them. Maybe they were in the box? Purchase in February of this year.

old post.....
But these Rear EXB Outdrive Inserts are included standard with EXB rigs last I heard. Better fitting than tubing or rubber fuel line. These index well into the outdrive cups. If you have an EXB rig they are already there.
I use them on most all my 6s rigs.
However many of my rigs I just go with Front CVD setups at the Rear as @jondilly1974 stated above.
Also if they keep popping out, you can also shorten the rear wheelbase with the hub spacing a bit. There are spacers there to alter wheelbase at the hubs by a few MM. This will keep the bones captive better. This worked for me. Proper Droop also helps as well as firmer springs with better damping ( thicker oil) You can also lay down the rear shocks. This impacts/changes the droop as well. An overworked rear shock and suspension setup can contribute to bones popping easily. Especially when yu have a very heavy rig, 8s gear and slammed with much alloy stuff.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/diff-outdrive-insert/ARA311028.html
Hi SrC,

yes my Mojave EXB has these inserts in the rear diff outdrives.
I never got it popped out during the first season, till yesterday. Not sure why. And after I put it back in, it happened again after first lap.
But how is it helping the dogbone popping out? It moves the dogbone even more outside of the diff outdrive?
Is it supposed to also be placed on the wheel side of the dogbone??

Anyways, I already altered the droop a bit more, but the dogbone is still at the edge while the arm is down.
So I am interested in this wheelbase shortening - could you provide more details, please?

Thank you!

The Inserts were designed for outdrives at the diff. You can try them at the Axle hubs only instead. I have experimented with this. You can't use them at both ends or the bones will bind as stated above, there needs to be a tick of sliding play for the Bones as the arms travel.
I think there may be an issue with the arms (maybe stretched)and wear that contribute to the bones popping out.
Are the outdrives wobbly? If so, a sign of diff wear. Wobbly outdrives can also cause the bones pins slip out of the drive cups.

I have the inserts in and rear left dogbone constantly pops out. It actually ripped apart my diff cups now. My fronts are dogbones too though, you guys have different setups in the front?

I have the inserts in and rear left dogbone constantly pops out. It actually ripped apart my diff cups now. My fronts are dogbones too though, you guys have different setups in the front?
The fronts should be cvds.

This is a cvd
1664475784967.png

This is a dog bone for reference.

1664475847559.png

I guess these inserts are a consumable, or should be considered as such.. I have been ejecting rear dogbones from the mojave lately too. Forgot about the inserts..I have a crumble of rubber left in the suspect stub axle. Since they're sold in a set of 8, they should be installed at the stub axle as well as the outdrives I would guess?
Thanks for dragging up the old thread.. I was getting a tad frustrated with the mojave spitting dogbones every 5 minutes, LOL.

You can also put o rings in the diff cups and wheel axle cups to limit left to right play of the rear dogbone. Or a small piece of tape and make and roll it wit your fingers to make a small ball and put that in the cups.
As mentioned by @SrC there should still be play, but check it put putting the car of a block and check if the dogbones nearly pop out when you fully compress shocks and fully extend them by hand. Don’t forget to set your droop correct.
Doing this should prevent dogbones popping out.

You can also put o rings in the diff cups and wheel axle cups to limit left to right play of the rear dogbone. Or a small piece of tape and make and roll it wit your fingers to make a small ball and put that in the cups.
As mentioned by @SrC there should still be play, but check it put putting the car of a block and check if the dogbones nearly pop out when you fully compress shocks and fully extend them by hand. Don’t forget to set your droop correct.
Doing this should prevent dogbones popping out.
Thanks👍 I did double check droop, shock rod ends and such..just forgot about the inserts.
Mine were popping out at full compression of the suspension. I feel like I've put o rings in at some point in the past, but apparently they were consumed or fell out. It's been a favorite for nearly 2 years now, she don't owe me a thing.

Thanks a lot guys for sharing all your valuable experience.
I will try new inserts along with some more fillers (o-rings, tubes, ball of tape,...) on the other side to make it sit right and centered.
Seems like cheapest solution.

Last edited:
I've seen people get them mixed up sometimes and I swear I just saw a thread a few days ago where someone was asking what the difference was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back