R.I.P. to another great hobby shop...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toiletpimp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
So I live in western WA. I have been going to a local hobby shop for years now for help and advice. I showed up today for a couple of simple things. Only to find that there were the dreaded signs on the window... Everything must go, going out of business. Crap. These are the guys who introduced me to Arrma and the great vehicles that I now enjoy. It's sad to see another great shop go down. So just wanted to say thanks Galaxy Hobby! And the owner Mike. Thanks for all the great memories that your shop has brought me. Sad to see you go.

P.S.- Support your local hobby shop guys. They give you things that the online retailers can't. They are there for the same reason we are. Helping people love hobbies besides staring at video games and social media all day.

R.I.P. Galaxy Hobby. R.I.P.

All of mine bit the dust years ago.
Sign of the times unfortunately!

Best luck to those guys and I hope the change is good and they can still hang in with the hobby on a personal level.
More hobby rc buyers these days but local retail just can't compete. Too much inventory is necessary. No shame to anyone that can't; just part of the challenge.
It ain't like before. Local will never be like before and I bet this is what we wish for most.

small local business like this is Gone, end of an era. warehouses like Amain are required to do business online and then have a track, its the way of the times.
Massively inflated prices of old times and sell very little is finally getting driven out.
Its now become, smaller margin but sell more of those items.

Its like this in 95% of business now - it works better because things technically are cheaper and more people can get involved.
don't give me the "oh all the jobs blah blah" the jobs are just now in different sectors.

We had 4 local hobbyshops, all 4 closed and joined together and now a online store with a small display/pickup store. no jobs lost - in fact they hired more people - they also now have 3 differnt tracks, on-road, offroad 1/8 and a 1/10 offroad. before we had one offroad and onroad they were tatty.

I guess I’m lucky with 3 lhs within 30 km (20m). But they all also do business over the internet. I know that my favorite lhs had a hard time the last years because the delivery of spare parts was a mess. But the son took over from his dad and reorganised and moved the shop from 2 locations in the center of a big town to one shop in a small town, probably to cut costs. But it’s nice, when I walk in the guy recognises me and always asks how I’m doing, and you can always ask for advise. You don’t get that at an internet shop. Although I think that most of their sales are over the internet, yesterday I was amazed to see how many Arrma they had in stock, they had all 6S models and from most not just one. I bought a Typhon 3S and I think they had 12 in stock. So I guess to be able to survive as lhs you have to do internet sales.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back