R snake or just save your money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is exactly right. They are really not reliable ESCs. 90% that I see used in RC cars seem to go up in flames.

It appears this is a basher and you might use it in an speed runner also? Best option is the XLX2 ESC with the castle 2028 or for any Speed runner.
Thanks for input, I have the castle XLX2 & 1100kv 2028 motor. But they won’t run on 12s as I’m looking for top speed without spending big on MGM I struggling for an alternative

Thanks for input, I have the castle XLX2 & 1100kv 2028 motor. But they won’t run on 12s as I’m looking for top speed without spending big on MGM I struggling for an alternative
That ESC and motor that you have from Castle is capable of going over 160 mph.
There is no alternative.

Many people have tried the MGM Escs on 12s and as high as 16s. You know how many have gone faster than the XLX or XLX-2 running on 8s?
ZERO! ;)
Run what you got. You have the worlds fastest production ESC.

James McCoy has a Limitless/Infraction GT going 190 mph using the XLX2 esc and a 1/5 scale motor.

Happy to provide advice/help along the way. There is so much more to it than putting the power system in and squeezing the trigger. It is very hard to go beyond 130 mph.

That ESC and motor that you have from Castle is capable of going over 160 mph.
There is no alternative.

Many people have tried the MGM Escs on 12s and as high as 16s. You know how many have gone faster than the XLX or XLX-2 running on 8s?
ZERO! ;)
Run what you got. You have the worlds fastest production ESC.

James McCoy has a Limitless/Infraction GT going 190 mph using the XLX2 esc and a 1/5 scale motor.

Happy to provide advice/help along the way. There is so much more to it than putting the power system in and squeezing the trigger. It is very hard to go beyond 130 mph.
Wow. Yes I would be happy to know how to reach them speeds with the XLX2. I have started with a few mods, changing differential oil. But still very new to this and learning.

Wow. Yes I would be happy to know how to reach them speeds with the XLX2. I have started with a few mods, changing differential oil. But still very new to this and learning.
Get out there and run with the XLX2
Watch Raz's recent build series I think it was 4 or 5 videos that takes you step by step on how to setup the car.

Feel free to ask any questions after watching that video series, but I think it will answer most of the questions.

Thank you. Only the 2nd time running it.

thank you. After reading up on the R snake ESC apparently it’s quite common
Your best bet is the XLX2. I run them on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S with that same motor. I've been bashing for months with zero issues. Big jumps, crashes etc in between 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back