R snake or just save your money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreK8

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
This happened to me today. I could cry

5F11BD79-D605-4ABB-84AB-3C4EF0728888.png

91CDAD59-9520-4F69-A539-BCE12E57726C.png

Ya that sucks I've never even heard of that brand esc but obviously doesn't seem very reliable. I'd suggest a max5 for next one as they are a great esc and don't see much complaints or fires at all.

Ya that sucks I've never even heard of that brand esc but obviously doesn't seem very reliable. I'd suggest a max5 for next one as they are a great esc and don't see much complaints or fires at all.
Am running a 1100kv 2028 Castle motor I didn’t think they were compatible. But will look at my options . Thanks man.

Am running a 1100kv 2028 Castle motor I didn’t think they were compatible. But will look at my options . Thanks man.
I would think it should be fine just may have to change the bullets on the motor leads to fit the max5. But definitely would check the specs for Amperage on the 2028 and the max5 to make sure they are compatible.

Yes 12s
He actually has a 16S/500A model too. It’s sold by R-Mamba on eBay, who is the guy who sells a lot of TP motors.
Correct, he seems a nice guy very helpful and going to reimburse with a new ESC but I’ll still need to replace a two week old Lipo and battery tray. From the reviews quite a few of them burn up. So Will be a bit hesitant to install….
Or a Castle MMX8S.Adds a few more options if you want to progress
I have the xlx2 I brought the combo with the 11kv motor but I run the xlx2 in another 1/5 Kraton I have with a hobby wing 1100kv Moto that I use for bashing.

I wanted to build a 12s for speed runs hence 3-16s R snake ESC and castle 1100kv motor 39t one to one gearing. Back to the drawing board I guess but I’m happy for any suggestions

Last edited:
Yes 12s

Correct, he seems a nice guy very helpful and going to reimburse with a new ESC but I’ll still need to replace a two week old Lipo and battery tray. From the reviews quite a few of them burn up. So Will be a bit hesitant to install….

I have the xlx2 I brought the combo with the 11kv motor but I run the xlx2 in another 1/5 Kraton I have with a hobby wing 1100kv Moto that I use for bashing.

I wanted to build a 12s for speed runs hence 3-16s R snake ESC and castle 1100kv motor 39t one to one gearing. Back to the drawing board I guess but I’m happy for any suggestions
Yes he’s been very nice and helpful to me as well. I have bought a few TP motors thru him.

I would strongly suggest getting your replacement esc, sell it & go with a 8s set up (HW or a Castle)… From my experience none of the 12s set ups (ztw, flier, rsnake, alien, etc) will reliably hold up to bashing for any length of time.

They are great for ripping up & down a pasture but that’s about it IMHO anyway.

Last edited:
I would strongly suggest getting your replacement esc, sell it & go with a 8s set up (HW or a Castle)… From my experience none of the 12s set ups (ztw, flier, rsnake, alien, etc) will reliability hold up to bashing for any length of time.

They are great for ripping up & down a pasture but that’s about it IMHO anyway.
Will or will not hold up to bashing?

This happened to me today. I could cry

View attachment 169956

View attachment 169957
Dumb question. Do all the esc's from this company come with the heat shrink covering the whole unit? That seems like a recipe for disaster as the heat has no where to disipate. The fan cools the fins of the heat sink and blows it outwards to the sides of the esc. This would just trap heat over the unit. Just my untrained eye making an observation.

Dumb question. Do all the esc's from this company come with the heat shrink covering the whole unit? That seems like a recipe for disaster as the heat has no where to disipate. The fan cools the fins of the heat sink and blows it outwards to the sides of the esc. This would just trap heat over the unit. Just my untrained eye making an observation.
The rsnakes & aliens are rebranded fliers… They make a 300a “car” esc that isn’t heat shrink wrapped but i believe that’s it

The rsnakes & aliens are rebranded fliers… They make a 300a “car” esc that isn’t heat shrink wrapped but i believe that’s it

This is exactly right. They are really not reliable ESCs. 90% that I see used in RC cars seem to go up in flames.

It appears this is a basher and you might use it in an speed runner also? Best option is the XLX2 ESC with the castle 2028 or for any Speed runner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back