r4nd0ms - Mojave 6S build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heya did you ever end up fitting the backflip LPs? Wondering if it’s worth getting a set if I ever see them at Jenny’s...

Weather is meeh, bashing buddy unavailable and the postie rings the bell ...

FPV Camera
Eachine TX06 700TVL FOV 120 Degree 5.8Ghz 48CH Smart Audio Mini FPV Camera Support Pitmode AIO Transmitter For RC Drone Tiny Whoop - NTSC
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TX...hoop-p-1413572.html?ID=44069&cur_warehouse=UK

Printed a holder for it and installed with double-sided tape to get a perspective

1583595555994.png

Shot through my Headplay HD goggles ( http://headplay.com/ ) - looks much crisper in reality

1583595599304.png

will need to get the angle right and get it on the road for testing but this looks like fun already

Spektrum Firma 150A Smart ESC - Smart Install

I kinda like the Spektrum Smart stuff on my Kraton so I went ahead and ordered the Firma 150A Smart ESC. I already had installed a Spektrum SR215 that I had updated to Spektrum Smart capabilities via the Spektrum TX/RX USB Programming Cable (SPMA3065) - note: only will work in Smart telemetry mode if you bind in 11ms - 5.5ms won't bring bring up the Smart capabilities.

Pre-Install:
1584051566328.png

Spektrum Firma 150A out of the box amazing how similar it looks to the BLX185 even the dimensions are pretty much the same

1584051638406.png

BLX 185 and Spektrum Firma 150A side by side and yes the Firma 150A also comes with a loop adapter to run on a single pack.

1584051671038.png

1584053414757.png

Box contents in addition to the Firma 150A: Manual, stickers, mounting tape and IC5 loop adapter.

1584051846470.png

Its a simple rip out and replace almost as if they didn't get the ESCs in time to include them in the package.

1584051948326.png

Last edited:
Did you notice any change? I just ordered a 160 for my truck with a spektrum 780 kv motor and 2 x 4s batteries.

Dusty Motors Universal Adjustable Protection Dust Cover

Got my Dusty Motors Universal Adjustable Protection Dust Cover today and I have quickly installed it on the Mojave.

This is the XL version and I think its sufficient with regards to size it sits nice in place, comes with velcro and shock socks (plenty) to cut to length and a few stickers.

1585256822423.png

this may be the only concern

1585256943370.png

What I am thinking here is to design an end bracket that closes the gap on my 3d printer to seal the rear should be possible, just need to get an old box, design it in card board and then port it over ... by the looks of it I wont run out of time to do it anytime soon

1585257091845.png

I did indeed try the XXL I had ordered but the opening at the rear will be even bigger due to more material so I will go with my bracket approach and see from there.

Last edited:
Dusty Motors Universal Adjustable Protection Dust Cover - PT2

Got my Dusty Motors Universal Adjustable Protection Dust Cover today - deja vu? No this time its the XXXL version as recommended by them.

While the XL version from my perspective might have been sufficient with regards to size it sits nice in place I wanted to see how their recommendation would fit.

As I missed it previously this is how it comes all in the cardboard tube:
The actual Universal Dust Cover, plenty of velcro (genuine), shock sock material (they claim to do 4-8 socks if I recall correctly, some stickers and a brief instruction.
1586264979114.png

I used my previous velcro on the outside and just added these two - and yes it looked like it didnt adhere properly so this had been fixed after I saw the pictures

1586265134846.png

here is the dust cover fully installed - watch how I used the rear strap to go back through the shock tower before coming back to front to secure it - creates more tension and pulls the cover back further

1586265240460.png

this is how it looks just in front of the read diff

1586265277331.png

and here more detail - as you can see the rear diff is still exposed and unprotected also I needed to add more velcro on the side on the downwards to keep the velcro from creating a pocket that would let debris in ... I may still have to design a 3d printed plate or case that could enclose the rear diff as well as fill the gap of the actual cover at the rear - needless to say that due to the current crises it will be a while before I can actually try this out ... unless I am sneaky but I wanted to share this as I think I actually promised it to @crimsonfancy if I go ahead so here you go buddy

Informational Post:

Question
: Can you move the battery tray backwards on the Mojave 6S?

Response: Yes, you can and you get all the required mounting holes to line up as well.

View attachment 66044

As you can see below all 5 mounting holes will line up as well if you move the battery tray and receiver box backwards. So in case this was nose heavy at one point there is opportunity to counter it.

View attachment 66045

Still not the optimal solution for what I got in mind. I am thinking to keep the receiver box where it is and get a complete different battery tray to accommodate for my needs - further testing/exploration required.
Hi
Thanks for your post. Am keen to follow your mods. Today I moved the Battery tray to the back and kept the receiver in front. Went for a low jump and the car landed on its rear bumper however the battery tray came lose. Lost all the 5 flat head 3 x 8mm screws that held the battery and receiver in place. Also one of the mounting holes where the 3x8mm flat head screw goes in came apart. So I had to order a new battery tray from Amains Hobby.
I think the battery tray in the Mojave 6s is a weak design and does not hold big 6s batteries that well. What sort of Mod would you recommend for the battery tray?
Thanks

Thanks
I followed the Mod to modify the battery tray for the Mojave 6s and very happy that it is firmer and am confident will not dislodge itself or come apart as a result of bad landing after a jump.

How does the car balance with the battery tray shifted back? Better in the air?

Maybe the battery tray came loose because I shifted it to the back. It landed on the back bumper. The jump was not high at all but I suppose it was violent enough to dislodge it or maybe I should attach it together with the receiver box. So I followed the modification and shifted back to the front. Am very happy with the mod because it is firmer.

As regards being better in the air when the tray is at the back, I'm not so sure. Not many attempts made to jump in the air maybe I was unlucky the very few times I tried it came loose. The intention was so that it could land on all its four instead of nosediving. So now to ensure that it lands without nosediving I punch it when it is in the air.

Today another problem occurred, I jumped and landed and banged the front bumper onto a concrete. The right front dog bone came out and the Front pivot ball, from the lower suspension arm, that swivels in its socket came out!!! Must be really a hard bang. While it is easy to put back the dog bone, the Pivot ball cannot be put back into its socket. I tried hammering it back into its socket and used a pliers. No way. Took sometime to figure out how to put it back.

And then I found out the plastic bell crank assembly cracked!!!. The steering was gone baby. The part no is AR340073. Have to buy another replacement part. Is there an aluminium Bell Crank Assembly I can replace it with??

Regards man
P.S. Wishing you a Happy Easter this Sunday.
How does the car balance with the battery tray shifted back? Better in the air?
Maybe the battery tray came loose because I shifted it to the back. It landed on the back bumper. The jump was not high at all but I suppose it was violent enough to dislodge it or maybe I should attach it together with the receiver box. So I followed the modification and shifted back to the front. Am very happy with the mod because it is firmer.

As regards being better in the air when the tray is at the back, I'm not so sure. Not many attempts made to jump in the air maybe I was unlucky the very few times I tried it came loose. The intention was so that it could land on all its four instead of nosediving. So now to ensure that it lands without nosediving I punch it when it is in the air.

Today another problem occurred, I jumped and landed and banged the front bumper onto a concrete. The right front dog bone came out and the Front pivot ball, from the lower suspension arm, that swivels in its socket came out!!! Must be really a hard bang. While it is easy to put back the dog bone, the Pivot ball cannot be put back into its socket. I tried hammering it back into its socket and used a pliers. No way. Took sometime to figure out how to put it back.

And then I found out the plastic bell crank assembly cracked!!!. The steering was gone baby. The part no is AR340073. Have to buy another replacement part. Is there an aluminium Bell Crank Assembly I can replace it with??

Regards man
P.S. Wishing you a Happy Easter this Sunday.

Last edited:
Shock Springs:

I had it out a few times but always thought its a bit too springy so I want to give these stiffer shock springs a go to see if that cures it

1587338391552.png

Having plenty of Dusty Motors Shock Sock material I thought I'll install that at the same time

1587338450113.png

Front:

1587338479831.png

1587338511840.png

Rear:

1587338540630.png

While I like the concept and look if surely makes a bent shock shaft difficult to identify ... looks over functionality it is :ROFLMAO:

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/ delivery: Arrma Mojave 1/7 scale Inner Fenders / Mudguards

Postie has just been and delivered a package from Scorchedparts. After the experience with T-Bone Racing stuff I wondered whats in the box - it was light and things were rumbling in it ... I opened the box and was seriously surprised about the contents:

- 4 fender parts
- curved lexan scissors
- 4 screws
- instructions

doesn't come better than this really especially as the website only says: "assembly instructions and all required fixings included"

1589973905388.png

here are the instructions - brief but they will perfectly do it:

1589973953446.png

next step, cut to shape and installation ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back