r4nd0ms - Mojave 6S build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I got it installed but ...

I contacted the folks early in my install as I just did cut away the part that prevents the body post from sitting flash and noticed that I could no longer use the body clips if I'd go ahead - so I stopped right there and got an email that they are about to release an install video which is now posted

My result is however slightly disappointing the inner flange you have to cut away would probably better extended and put on both sides of the side guards to enclose them and to have the fender ride on them - as you can see below I followed along and once installed the fenders had significant gaps - I had removed the velcro from my Dusty Motors cover and the original that came with it just in case someone asks the question - the body post holes are almost not accessible with all parts installed - elongating them upwards from my perspective may cause them to pull out/break free - so I am not expert but I think the design could take another look to it for another revision - I also submitted some thoughts.

Below you can see on the left how I think the fender should sit, on the side guard - Gorilla tape to the rescue I thought - I think I will be going back to the T-Bone mud guards and Dusty Motors as this design doesn't seem to be ready for primetime yet due to fitment issues.

1590065054520.png

well, sometimes you may have to make compromises ... I had to elongate the body clip holes but it seems to work now ...

final solution for the moment

1590179662244.png

this should also show how much it will actually reduce or if the Dusty Motors still has a job to do ... still due to run it but running the X-Maxx at the moment to test all the stuff I have installed ...

Wanting to change the bearing and hexes for M2C hexes two grub screws rounded off - not expecting much from HH I started to source parts needed to remediate the cheap screws and assembly issue swift delivery thanks to @Rons RC and @Badtouch The basher now only pins, axels are needed ...

1590669743781.png

To get shipped here to the USA it will cost over $70.00 for the whole thing. Do you think they are worth it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back