Kraton "Race Spec" Kraton First Race Meet and Test Drive Video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s

I finally get to test out the Arrma Kraton "Race Spec" I put together, this was mostly built from spare parts I had and was put to the test in very tough race conditions.

I ended up getting Truggy Champion for July with this build, I'm ecstatic with the result and for a $600 aud car it was very quick against some very nice Kit cars. I ended up with a 2nd and a 3rd in the races.

If you would like details of the build I am happy to post the setup and parts used?

*EDIT*
My new Kraton "Race Spec"!

This is a car I built from spare parts I had laying around, plus a couple of upgrades I've made.

It has Talion hubs and axles to reduce the width, a HR sliding motor mount for easy pinion changes, Tekjo diff and gearbox seals, all diffs shimmed, all fluids changed to run in Henry Lawson(amateur track) conditions, some weight removed where possible, RPM wing mount, Leadfinger Racing body and wing, full set of Plaig bearings, and fan system installed.

The power system is a stock BLX185 and BLX 2050KV

So I've gone for a setup to maximise traction, the track at Henry Lawson is very loose and bumpy. Everything is setup soft sway bars and suspension.

Diff Oils:-

Front 7k Center 10k Rear 3k (I will be changing the rear to 2k, I want a little more turn in).

I'll be running stock gearing in the diffs, I have shimmed the diffs and the wheel hexes. To start I've gone with a 16t pinion(I wanted to start with 14t but I can't find mine, thus reason for the fans). (The 16t was perfect on 4s and no overheating at all!)

Shock Oils:-

Front 35 wt with #13 piston

Rear 32.5 wt with #12 piston

This will be a good starting point I think, I can easily change things after a few runs. I'm looking for good turn in and this setup should be very responsive.

The tyres I've chosen are the Proline Blockade Truggy set.

This is basically a brand new car, but better!

Please feel free to ask any questions about the build.

Wow, that race was chaos! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but it looks like fun. and WTF was up with all the 'spectators' with phones in the middle of the track? Insane...

Great job with the Arrma, though, looks like it was hooked up!

Wow, that race was chaos! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but it looks like fun. and WTF was up with all the 'spectators' with phones in the middle of the track? Insane...

Great job with the Arrma, though, looks like it was hooked up!
It's an amateur group "not club" of friends and the public that get together most weeks and race, once a month we have semi organised races to decide the champion of the month. It's wild and chaotic, but there are no real rules or organisation so people just bring what that have and run. I had a buggy in the buggy class, but it wasn't tuned properly as I'd only just finished running it in, the engine stalled in the race, but it was fast too. A lot of the people in the middle are the drivers and organisers filming for Facebook. One of my friends broke his foot on the day, he got hit by a car. I hope no one gets injured badly, because we would hate to see this stop, it's open to the public and very accessible to everyone. Most of all it's fun and brings people together, it's a great culture there of helping and not withholding information, it's competitive, but everyone wants to see others succeed, so we help each other and newbies.

That looks like great fun, love the nitro electric mix. Nice build, who says Arrmas can’t race? thanks for sharing.

That was crazy fun @Primarrma! Nice work on the build and congrats for the success at the track!???
Thank you very much buddy!
Wow that's awesome!
Cheers mate, it's been really fun!
That looks like great fun, love the nitro electric mix. Nice build, who says Arrmas can’t race? thanks for sharing.
The mix is really fun, the group is great the guys are all really awesome, lots of rivalry, but will do anything for you, it's chaos at it's best. Thank you

I finally get to test out the Arrma Kraton "Race Spec" I put together, this was mostly built from spare parts I had and was put to the test in very tough race conditions.

I ended up getting Truggy Champion for July with this build, I'm ecstatic with the result and for a $600 aud car it was very quick against some very nice Kit cars. I ended up with a 2nd and a 3rd in the races.

If you would like details of the build I am happy to post the setup and parts used?

*EDIT*
My new Kraton "Race Spec"!

This is a car I built from spare parts I had laying around, plus a couple of upgrades I've made.

It has Talion hubs and axles to reduce the width, a HR sliding motor mount for easy pinion changes, Tekjo diff and gearbox seals, all diffs shimmed, all fluids changed to run in Henry Lawson(amateur track) conditions, some weight removed where possible, RPM wing mount, Leadfinger Racing body and wing, full set of Plaig bearings, and fan system installed.

The power system is a stock BLX185 and BLX 2050KV

So I've gone for a setup to maximise traction, the track at Henry Lawson is very loose and bumpy. Everything is setup soft sway bars and suspension.

Diff Oils:-

Front 7k Center 10k Rear 3k (I will be changing the rear to 2k, I want a little more turn in).

I'll be running stock gearing in the diffs, I have shimmed the diffs and the wheel hexes. To start I've gone with a 16t pinion(I wanted to start with 14t but I can't find mine, thus reason for the fans). (The 16t was perfect on 4s and no overheating at all!)

Shock Oils:-

Front 35 wt with #13 piston

Rear 32.5 wt with #12 piston

This will be a good starting point I think, I can easily change things after a few runs. I'm looking for good turn in and this setup should be very responsive.

The tyres I've chosen are the Proline Blockade Truggy set.

This is basically a brand new car, but better!

Please feel free to ask any questions about the build.
Hey buddy I'd love to find out more info on your race kraton I have bought a new exb kit and I'd love to race it! Cheers Lee Coggan hit me up on socials!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back