Racing Stock Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruett84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Looking for some input on what I may need for spare parts for my Fury Mega. I will be racing in a stock class this year (First year racing) and was looking to find out what parts tend to break or ware out when racing the Fury?

Thanks for your info!

Not sure if allowed, but I would definitely upgrade the stock tires for some better racing ones!
Make sure you match the tire with the track you are plan on to Race!

Good luck!

Unusual RC, The class I would like to run this winter requires us to run stock tires.

Innovative Hobbies and Raceway

Last edited:
I noticed that the Fury is not on their list of approved SCT. Having raced a Fury in both Mod and Stock classes I can tell you they have great balance and jump flat but the stock shocks are the pits. Verify that they'll let you race in the class. If they do, definitely get a new set of Fury wheels and use either the Losi Eclipse tires on the Kyosho ones Dreadstar suggested.

I've found that the Arrma motors burn up quickly so consider getting a spare or swapping out to the HPI or Traxxas stock brushed SCT motor.

You might also get a roll of fiberglass sheet rock tape, a couple of tubes of Shoe Goo, some plastic paint scrapers in a variety of widths and painters rubber gloves. Reinforce the body with a layer of sheet rock tape and Shoe Goo. It'll increase the weight of your rig a little but it'll increase the durability of the body by a ton!

I noticed that the Fury is not on their list of approved SCT. Having raced a Fury in both Mod and Stock classes I can tell you they have great balance and jump flat but the stock shocks are the pits. Verify that they'll let you race in the class. If they do, definitely get a new set of Fury wheels and use either the Losi Eclipse tires on the Kyosho ones Dreadstar suggested.

I've found that the Arrma motors burn up quickly so consider getting a spare or swapping out to the HPI or Traxxas stock brushed SCT motor.

You might also get a roll of fiberglass sheet rock tape, a couple of tubes of Shoe Goo, some plastic paint scrapers in a variety of widths and painters rubber gloves. Reinforce the body with a layer of sheet rock tape and Shoe Goo. It'll increase the weight of your rig a little but it'll increase the durability of the body by a ton!

Thanks @Skaxis for your input! I also emailed that track and the official said they see no issues with me running the Arrma Fury Mega, they would just like to look over the truck and make sure it follows the Stock class rules.

I don't think the metal motor plate will work with a newer Mega Fury since it has a plastic motor plate that is molded to one side of the gear box.

Best regards,
Brian

Made it to the track today! Had a blast running the Sportsman class and I finished 2nd overall out of 6 trucks.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Attachments

• 20161203_130645.jpg
    20161203_130645.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 63
I had a front shock blow a cap, so now I need to add fluid. What is a good weight to run for racing front and rear?

Can you swap out Springs on stock shocks?

I'd suggest 40wt(front) and 35wt (rear) and yes you can change the shock springs. Front springs are 55mm long and the rears are 75mm long. Even Medium grade springs are stiffer than those kit springs on the rear shocks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back