Talion Racing talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really interesting, those are big changes from one to the other. I assume you got it down by now. I have looked at so many from 4" to 6", also varying widths 1.6 to 2.5. Maybe I am over thinking but kind of want to get it right. Not even sure if tire dia even matters?
Are you racing? Tire diameter matters. Think you have to use a Truggy 140mm size tire regardless how they market it as.

Big difference in performance too.

I get the best performance with the 118mm sized buggy tires but they look weird and not legal.

140mm racing tires are excellent and designed for the car suspension. It carves at the track but still not a buggy and only legal size for racing truggy.

Stock Katars are 143mm or so and excellent for the Talion. Reduced traction helps stabilize the car and belted to handle 100 kp/h but they crack easily on impacts.

14x+ mm truck tires work perfectly for Talion. But they aren't racing tires usually but more durable than the Katars.

175mm tires ruin the handling and it doesn't feel like a Talion anymore but being able to transverse any terrain at nearly 100 kp/h is worth losing a little handling and is maximum smiles for me. Also jumping and flipping is easily done.

Maybe I am over thinking but kind of want to get it right. Not even sure if tire dia even matters?
4" racing tires for truggy is a standard and all are the same size and width. lots of company makes them, proline, jconcepts, aka, Jetko, Hotrace, Raw Speed, HB, sweep racing, vp-pro.. they all make 4" truggy wheels and tires.
just look for 1/8 Truggy tires (sometime called just "1/8 truck")

Are you racing? Tire diameter matters. Think you have to use a Truggy 140mm size tire regardless how they market it as.

Big difference in performance too.

I get the best performance with the 118mm sized buggy tires but they look weird and not legal.

140mm racing tires are excellent and designed for the car suspension. It carves at the track but still not a buggy and only legal size for racing truggy.

Stock Katars are 143mm or so and excellent for the Talion. Reduced traction helps stabilize the car and belted to handle 100 kp/h but they crack easily on impacts.

14x+ mm truck tires work perfectly for Talion. But they aren't racing tires usually but more durable than the Katars.

175mm tires ruin the handling and it doesn't feel like a Talion anymore but being able to transverse any terrain at nearly 100 kp/h is worth losing a little handling and is maximum smiles for me. Also jumping and flipping is easily done.
yes anything @21STalion said :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back