Racing withdrawals !!! LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
So as you have read me say a few times my daughter and I are racers besides bashers , and race more than bash . Our favorite class is 2wd modified short course . It seems like the group of us that do this at our LHS are all on the same page and get along great . There are always newbies , and while sometimes could be a little aggravating as they get in your way ( or take you out !!! ) , we all have to start somewhere , and besides , teaches you to drive even better to get thru the traffic !!!
Background , my 14 yo daughter and I started with RC about 3 years ago ( Stampede vxl 4x4 , Rustler , Slash 2wd and 4wd vxl , and Xmaxx ) . While we discovered an RC LHS / racetrack we started hanging out there and started a great group of friends . One individual who was top notch in the 2wd SC class started helping us , and kept saying " your daughter has it !!! " and should race with us on Fri night club racing . I just thought he was being nice to us . We got a roller old kit , Team Asociated SC5m and thru it together and she raced one fri night , she placed 2nd out of 9 trucks !! It was funny as some of the local guys were like WTF ?
We were bitten by the racing bug !!! We now have 3 SC6.1's , a B6.1 buggy , and a TLR SCTE 3.0 4x4 . The buggy barely gets used . We love Fri night racing , our main mostly doesn't end up starting until around 11:30 !!! Then after we are all hanging around til 1-2am !! Many late night there !!! We also do Trophy races at this track and went to others , where we both have placed and have some awards . Since the Covid , are trucks were all set , gone thru , dialed in for a March 23rd Trophy race , and then ,..... done , haven't touched them since .
Bashing it has been !!!! Me more than her !!! LOL . That's why I picked up another Mojave for us to run against each to stay in practice !
Anyway , we all watch bashing videos , figured I post something a little different for you to watch . When you race there is a certain kind of etiquette , if you take someone out you should pull over til the marshal gets them back on the track , if you are the slower car and getting lapped, let the lead cars get thru , and don't take people out on purpose , etc .
Enjoy the videos , she is the yellow/pink truck and mine is the copper color .

Here's another night when there was four of our group of SC racers , no newbies , we are all pretty equivalent drivers , times , so it is fun when it's that close . My daughter always has great patience / smoothness /consistency / tight lines / good passing / etc , dam it !!! LOL Most of the time she TQ's so gets the clear take off . I find when I'm racing , if I'm second , I can catch / chase her or whoever down , but if I'm in front , it's hard to hold it .
At 32 sec in you can see I take out my friend , pull over to wait for him , then he hits me and he takes off !!! LOL It feels like an eternity when you're siting there watching everyone else going . SC trucks are tricky , they don't handle like the buggys and Stadium trucks , so it's like a challenge to dial it in to get it to fly around / handle .

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing brings back good memories. I started out racing when the Slash first came out we had huge turnouts and had a blast racing. The racing got really popular I raced in a few different classes the competition was great spent many hours at the track. Over the years they have all pretty much closed down. I sure do miss it and would love to get back into it.

Last one ... this at the Jan 20 trophy race , only 3 4wd SC's showed up and they still had the race, lol , everyone got a trophy !! LOL .So I let my daughter drive our Losi SCTE 3.0 . It is so diff going from the 2wd to the 4wd , very touching / power /turning /etc . She had to tape the heck out of the Futaba 3pv as her finger is to small for the trigger , she told me her finger kept slipping out the trigger !!! LOL We haven't driven this truck much , so it is / was not set up the best , but she still did good .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back