Senton Radio delay in both the throttle and steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Please help. I just purchased a Senton 3s and I am having radio issues. I've tried re binding the spektrum radio, and re setting the end points. No matter what I do there is a huge delay on the radio on both throttle and steering!!! I feel like i just wasted 300 bucks on this thing!!!

Have you adjusted the punch setting on the esc? Have you tried the throttle setup on the TX? Is it possible the slipper clutch needs adjusting/ tightening? steering RATE adjusted on TX?

Please help. I just purchased a Senton 3s and I am having radio issues. I've tried re binding the spektrum radio, and re setting the end points. No matter what I do there is a huge delay on the radio on both throttle and steering!!! I feel like i just wasted 300 bucks on this thing!!!
Replace the crap radio. That’s common.

Probably has nothing to do with truck but radio itself like @jondilly1974 has said. It is really a low end cheap radio. Many have issues with them and just change them out.

its so frustrating ARRMA!!! I have never purchased a hobby grade r/c car and this much of a pos radio. Heck my $100 1/18 latrax prerunner has ZERO radio issues. A $300 dollar new kit shouldn't have that problem!

Could of paid $550 with a pos radio :LOL:

Could of paid $550 with a pos radio :LOL:
Thats true!, but luckily the outcast i just purchased a month ago was an old one with the tactic!!
Have you adjusted the punch setting on the esc? Have you tried the throttle setup on the TX? Is it possible the slipper clutch needs adjusting/ tightening? steering RATE adjusted on TX?
Yes i tried, punch setting didn't fix the delay issues.

Thats true!, but luckily the outcast i just purchased a month ago was an old one with the tactic!!

Yes i tried, punch setting didn't fix the delay issues.

Yeah you got lucky and got the good radio (y)

It will be a little bit of a hassle but I would swap another tx/rx (non STX2) in and see what happens. The STX2 is more of a beginner radio there is reason kit breakers sell them for around $15. I know you just want to work with what you got since it's new and shouldn't have to think about getting a different tx/rx set but that would be what I would do.

What battery are you using? What's the voltage on the battery after you charge it?

People like to blame the radio, but so far I've found 2-3 threads people say is a radio problem that wasn't a radio problem at all. What you're experiencing could also easily be an ESC problem too.

Yeah you got lucky and got the good radio (y)

It will be a little bit of a hassle but I would swap another tx/rx (non STX2) in and see what happens. The STX2 is more of a beginner radio there is reason kit breakers sell them for around $15. I know you just want to work with what you got since it's new and shouldn't have to think about getting a different tx/rx set but that would be what I would do.
I just ordered a tactic radio on ebay, hopefully that will fix it.

I just ordered a tactic radio on ebay, hopefully that will fix it.

It should but as I mentioned you could take the Tactic out of the Outcast and try it the Senton just a little more of a hassle. If it was just a throttle problem I would say it could be the esc. But you say you have steering delay also so try another tx/rx.

What battery are you using? What's the voltage on the battery after you charge it?

People like to blame the radio, but so far I've found 2-3 threads people say is a radio problem that wasn't a radio problem at all. What you're experiencing could also easily be an ESC problem too.

Battery voltage as mentioned is pertinent to performance of all components. Interested to see and hoping you'll get joy with the Tactic system. I'm still running that stock ? radio on my Kraton V4 and so far no issues I couldn't fix with a few tweeks. I'm still afraid to stretch it out but working ok for the time being.
Off topic but hoping to see you review the newest FlySky @razorrc

Battery voltage as mentioned is pertinent to performance of all components. Interested to see and hoping you'll get joy with the Tactic system. I'm still running that stock ? radio on my Kraton V4 and so far no issues I couldn't fix with a few tweeks. I'm still afraid to stretch it out but working ok for the time being.
Off topic but hoping to see you review the newest FlySky @razorrc

Yup, bad ESC could cause steering issues, I've had brownouts with servos that were erratic because the BEC couldn't keep up. Heck, it could be loose wires in the receiver. Another member already figured out his connectors were too low amperage (XT60) and that was the cause of his inconsistent throttle.

A video post would also help in seeing if there is something obvious.

On the Flysky radio, I asked but couldn't get them to send me one, so most likely will not be reviewing that one.

I feel like i just wasted 300 bucks on this thing!!!

Hi,
Well, from our experiences, the Mega Senton stock is pretty good at the track (inside, outside and even at oval dirty track)
Can't believe HH put these Spectrum on SCTE... Our LHS does not want to sell any more Arrma RC with Spectrum. Like Mike said, find a Tactic (even used, will be better)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back