Radio gear advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizspeedrun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Vendetta
Hey all

I have the following radios;

Stl3 - typhon v5
Dx3 - vendetta
Dumborc x6 - don't ask

I don't really want 1 radio for each car!

Which one do I stick too?

Or do I ditch all 3 and get something else?

Main use is on road bashing or speedruns - nothing serious! Also cost is a factor for me too!

Thanks for your help!

I have the Stl3 and the Dumbo. I had no problems with the Stl3 but wanted the gyro capabilities of the x6. The x6 has worked flawlessly has 6 channels and a gyro and you can pick up multiple receivers for dirt cheap. I also hear they have great range but have not tested this personally.

I have the Stl3 and the Dumbo. I had no problems with the Stl3 but wanted the gyro capabilities of the x6. The x6 has worked flawlessly has 6 channels and a gyro and you can pick up multiple receivers for dirt cheap. I also hear they have great range but have not tested this personally.
1-0 to the dumborc lol

Thanks for your input bro!

I have no experience with those. I have the Radio Link RC6GS. Receivers are cheap and it has 2 antenna for those long speed runs. It's a great middle of the pack budget transmitter. (y)

I have no experience with those. I have the Radio Link RC6GS. Receivers are cheap and it has 2 antenna for those long speed runs. It's a great middle of the pack budget transmitter. (y)
I have heard great things about the Rc6gs!I'll have a look into them
DX5C. You can use the receivers from the two spektrum systems. Excellent features and functionality. Im not a big fan of AVC but you can use it with the DX5C. Keep one of the radios around if you have a friend running one.
Oh I love the sound of that.. no need to swap out the receivers! I'll add that radio to my list of ones to look out for

+1
You will be happy with RC6GS Radiolink. I am. I speed run my Lim. with it. Best range going. Regardless of price. Has 10 model memory. ( 10 rigs) Gyro Rx's are inexpensive.
RC4GS is even a bit less $$, if your budget matters. Pretty much the same radio and performance, with 2 less channels. So it's not a biggy.
:cool:

Prices have increased lately. Everything has.
This is best $$ I see right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Transmitter-Receiver-Crawler-Drifting/dp/B07DPNNTWT Comes with 2 Rx's in the box.

https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-2-4GHz-Transmitter-Receiver-Controller/dp/B07DPMVVKN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3EEVVU27OQHEC&keywords=radiolink+rc4gs+v3+5+channels+rc+transmitter&qid=1668396112&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=rc4gs,toys-and-games,78&sr=1-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back