Radio help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you progressing quickly. Love seeing others here killing it with speed. Keeps me interested
Thanks brother! I can't believe myself how much I've progressed in only about 3 months from 64mph to now consistent 115+ passes overall PB of 125 so far! Think I need a most improved speed runner award😂
Saw ur infraction pass. I have Typhon 6s shocks coming but do I need to do the Fule tube in the shock shaft?
It would be a good idea in the rear to prevent too much squat so your rear doesn't drop below the front and the rig turn into a glider 😂

Last edited:
So RC6GS is the one I should get? What do you say @Edough13. I have seen you use it alot. Do u use the GYRO, ABS or any other things?

The RC6GS cannot be beat for the money. The menu and navigations are pretty nice in my opinion. I sold mine to get the Noble NB4, but it requires a signal booster and dual antenna RX. It is pretty easy to get up near $300 invested with that setup. I did a range test at over 1500 ft in one direction with the RadioLink RC6GS. It was further than I could see and honestly still could have gone further!

Saw ur infraction pass. I have Typhon 6s shocks coming but do I need to do the Fule tube in the shock shaft?
What car is it for? I prefer the Axial bushings if it’s a 3S, but fuel tube works too.

I am talking about making it lower. Its my 3s typhon.
Yes then you need fuel tube between the piston head and the shock body inside the shock on the shaft.

Aircraft radios in the civilian-legal 2.4GHz flavors are good for up to 5 miles, but ground radios suffer from ground effects, such as dropping out of fresnel zones (from depressions in road surface). You can easily and cheaply boost signal to 2000mW with an amplifier. I've built them into radios stealth style by hiding the electronics in the transmitter case. You can also mount your receiver antenna in an aerial mast with the silver part fully exposed, instead of under the body like Arrma does (this is very important). It is also easy to replace the internal or shark fin antenna in your transmitter with a 2.4 ghz "router" style antenna for more Tx gain. No reason you should put up with signal loss, it's pretty simple, really.

At literally less than a quarter throttle!
IMG_3188.jpg

Ok so I did a range test today after my passes as far as I can safely see and did 1355ft but still had response so definitely has more range than that. But at that distance you almost need binoculars to make sure you get straitened up and would be hard to make sure you get going good and straight. What I'm happy about is the fact I shouldn't have to worry about loosing signal at the end of my pass as I was about halfway between my usual middle point where I stand and my starting point👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back