Outcast Radio not controlling Outcast 8s at all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwankyTiger

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
This is for my Outcast 8s all stock.

There is no communication between the radio and the car. I replaced the batteries in the radio with new ones. Start the radio, then the car, the car goes through the typical beep sequence and then nothing, no steering, no throttle.

1. I did wash my car off with water yesterday but I didn't spray the ESC directly, but it got splashed on. I let it dry after words in front of a fan.
2. Then yesterday, I took the truck out and it had low power and quite quickly it seemed like it was straining for power and stopped moving forwards or backwards completely, but the steering still worked. I saw a red light on the ESC so I packed it up and I figured I would just leave it overnight, and try again today.
3. After replacing the batteries on the radio (before I even tried it again from yesterday) that is when I noticed that now the radio communication is completely dead.
4. I tried another set of working batteries, and same thing.
5. I checked the original batteries voltage with a DC meter, and one was at over 16 volts, the other was at only 8 volts. Highly suspicious! I did a full charge on them both before I left, and both completed the charge fully. Maybe the mismatch in voltage made it behave poorly the day before or fried something?

Maybe some water got into the receiver box?

Anyways, I could use some advice!

Try to see if you can re-bind your transmitter to the receiver. I cant remember the procedure. Google it.

Try to see if you can re-bind your transmitter to the receiver. I cant remember the procedure. Google it.
Thank you, that worked. The instructions are in the manual. I'm surprised that the receiver became un-bound like that. It turns out I have a bad battery. It won't charge anymore. Something about the mismatch in voltages when I ran them thinking they were both fully charged must have made the receiver reset.

Glad it worked out for you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back